Has SWTOR Wrecked my HD5770?

ThiefUK

Hi,

I got early access (emailed) through on the 16th and started it all up all well and good, for some reason the graphics defaulted to lowest possible, which was odd, so i raised them all to max, everything.

Now, ever since that moment, my GPU has started to act up, badly, not just noticable in SWTOR but in other games, BF3 - SWTOR - Trine2 - All other games i have, here is a description of whats happening:

: 10 - 20 Minutes into Gameplay the game starts to lagg extremely bad, i recorded the FPS drop and found it to be a steady 60-70 FPS drop to 5-10 FPS, (unplayable) for a recorded 10-20 seconds.

- This would recur about 3 times in an hour

I have a ATI HD 5770 and its overclocked to GPU Clock: 900 MHZ - Memory Clock - 1300MHZ, i have tried turning the overclock off, no difference.

The worrying thing is, its getting worse, the spikes are occuring more often, the spike times are increasing/

The moment i turned SWTOR to full settings, it spiked for a good minute, and then all of the above started happening in sequence

(note i reinstalled drivers / reinstalled SWTOR)

Any help or resolve would be greatful

Hi there!

There are existing discussion threads regarding computer hardware which you may find very helpful:

You can also check out our General FAQs for information about minimum system specifications.

In the interest of consolidating discussion, we have closed this thread. Please use one of the topics linked above for further questions and discussion of hardware specifications. Thank you!