The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Harpoon blues

Seyahat

I have been having trouble with harpoon of late, particularly in Huttball. I fire, it seems to launch, my toolbar now indicates it has launched (cooldown has begun), but the ball carrier is still of on his/her merry way. Anybody else suffering with this? Is it new or am I just noticing it now? Edited by Seyahat
mistyped

This is probably due to diminishing returns on CC abilities. You may notice when targetting an enemy, or even looking at your own character portrait, a resolve bar. When a PC gets CC'd (snared, stunned, or mezz'd), the resolve bar goes up. When the resolve bar reaches 100%, the PC becomes immune to any crowd control effect. In your case, they become immune to your harpoon.

So, how do you tell if an enemy is immune to CC? Their resolve bar will be moving at a slow, constant rate from top to bottom (i.e. their resolve is getting drained). Once this ends, they are no longer immune to CC. Basically, if you don't see the resolve bar moving, you can Harpoon them.

Hope this clears some things up.

If the resolve bar has a hint of white on it, it will fail. Also will fail within the 4 secs after a jug or guardian leap or during resilience for shadows and assassins. They glow purple and gold respectively during this.