On-ship Item Modification Station: broken?

Spectus

I tried to use the item-modification station that's on my player ship earlier today to add an augment kit to an item, but found that I couldn't perform to "Add Augment" function with it. I take it these stations are not functioning?

Which leads me to my next question: where can I find a WORKING item-mod station? On the Fleet? If so, where on the Fleet? And are there any working mod stations on other planets?

One on each starter planet, and 2 or more on your Capital Planet (Dromund Kaas/Coruscant). The crafting table on your ship is for your companions, pretty sure your character can't use it. Not sure if there is one on the fleet, don't recall seeing one there. Edited by Ludstar

i used one earlier today with success,i think its in dromuund kaas at the shop area

if yer republic then i dont really know as i only usually play imperial characters

Okay, that's what I was thinking; for the Republic, the locations would be Tython outside the Jedi Temple, and on Coruscant in the vendor/crew skills area under the Senate Plaza. I was hoping to find some at planetary spaceport hubs as well, but so far no dice. I also couldn't find any on Carrick Station.

These used to be almost everywhere, back when you had to use them to insert mods into customizable items. Any bets on how long it will take BW to drop the requirement to stand next to the stations as well for these?

My map doesn't show anything on the fleet ..nomatter what's turned on.. known issue .. I wish someome would have told me. Go troll elsewhere.

I ran all over the fleet with my map open and the aug table selected...nothing...Republic side.

I found a table on Tython but now am even more concerned.

It wants 30k to augment my level 50 gear that doesn't have a slot yet...and 30k to reaugment the ones that do...but what is this? A table fee?

So,

1) I pay for the kit at the AH or make it on a crafter and go to the table....(though the table doesn't ask which kit in inventory to use.)

2) I pay for an augment....

3) I pay the table fee to put the augment in my armor ... apparently SWTOR has decided that after giving away creds they need to pull some from the game as well.

But then....

.... How do I upgrade my augment slot? The table doesn't give choices. I have a level 4 kit and level 6 kit in my bags

The table tells me I can buy a level 1 kit for 30k. So, what happens when they come out with new armor? All that we spent a fortune to augment is subpar? Or can the aug slots be upgraded too.... but not on this table with these choices.

This augment concept was "shipped" before being debugged. I am not sure how long I want to be a SW guinea pig ingame....but I could have gone to the test realm to test this so I would have known how to take advantage of my fellow players.....but as I've said elsewhere...that would have been a Dark Side choice.

Edited by Nibirui

The player ship crafting table used to be intractable for modding and whatnot....but since they redesigned the mod system, the need for modification tables became obsolete so they were made inactive.

Now that they're useful agian, rest assured, the ability will be sold back to you as a legacy perk :)

My map doesn't show anything on the fleet ..nomatter what's turned on.. known issue .. I wish someome would have told me. Go troll elsewhere.

They're in fleet, by the trainers, but they don't show up on your overall map unless you're close (and you've selected to see modification stations, of course). Making the whole point of being able to select things to display on your map in order to find them kind of useless.

They're in fleet, by the trainers, but they don't show up on your overall map unless you're close (and you've selected to see modification stations, of course). Making the whole point of being able to select things to display on your map in order to find them kind of useless.

ROFL!

The part about the uselessness of the map's display options struck me as amusing.

Thanks, all, for the advice on where to find these tables.

And I really hope BW does NOT make in-ship augmentation tables a "Legacy" perk, but rather, updates the functionality of all these tables. I also remember them being scattered around in various quest hubs. One that comes to mind is the one that was tucked off to the side next to the taxi terminal into the Justicar Sector on Coruscant. ALL of these tables, including the ones in our player ships, need to be reactivated, in my humble opinion.

It is frustrating and time consuming to have to go to the Fleet or the Home world every time you purchase or gain an item mod and want to install it. It would be great if you could purchase an item mod station for your ship. that actually worked.

It is frustrating and time consuming to have to go to the Fleet or the Home world every time you purchase or gain an item mod and want to install it. It would be great if you could purchase an item mod station for your ship. that actually worked.

whaa?

The only thing you need a mod table for is install a Augment kit. Anything else can be done anywhere, anytime. So the tables on fleet and planets are more then fine.