The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

1.3 Leveling PvE Shield Spec Build, please?

This is the most standardized PVE spec there is:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801bZG0GrdoroGRZMsb.1

Currently I have opted to grab blaster augs knowing that ion cell is a significantly larger source of our damage now. This is the talent on the right tree second tier, that is one point. You could invest that one point elsewhere.

Your rotation is to always weave in hammer shot in between the following (in order of most important to least):

Stock Strike

High Impact Bolt

Ion Pulse

Stick Grenade

It is truly a priority list as sometimes you will need to cast ion pulse earlier to ensure you keep the debuff up at all times. This is only truly important on bosses.

Thanks, this is very helpful. I have been playing the Guardian and I open with Leap and then a Force sweep to aggro the surrounding mobs. Then i repeatedly hit the the surrounding mobs with sunder armor, force sweeps and such to try and maintain a good aggro.

What would you open with as a Vanguard - Harpoon? Then maybe an Explosive Surge? Thanks again for all the input...

Thanks, this is very helpful. I have been playing the Guardian and I open with Leap and then a Force sweep to aggro the surrounding mobs. Then i repeatedly hit the the surrounding mobs with sunder armor, force sweeps and such to try and maintain a good aggro.

What would you open with as a Vanguard - Harpoon? Then maybe an Explosive Surge? Thanks again for all the input...

It depends on whether you're talking about one mob or several. If Mortar Volley is available and they're grouped close enough, use that. However, if it's on cooldown or you can't get all the mobs within your reticule, then open with Storm. After that, you can either use your two free Explosive Surges immediately, or lead with Pulse Cannon, SS/HiB, or Sticky Grenade.

For single targets, I like to lead with Harpoon, followed immediately by a Storm to get up close (so you can position them if needed). While storm is going, use Energy Blast and your taunt. Follow up with Stock Strike and HiB, and you should have no issues holding threat for the rest of the fight.