The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Should I Regear or Keep Going?

LeggoMyMuoio

When I first created my Vanguard, I was Iron Fist all the way. About a month ago I switched over to Assault but I already had the 5 pieces of Combat Tech Battlemaster gear (the rest Eliminator). I just got my War Hero rifle and am about to start getting actual gear but I'm wondering if I should spend all my WZ comms on getting the Eliminator set first or if I'm fine continuing on as Combat Tech. My biggest concern is that I only get in a couple games a day, so regearing before moving on to War Hero is going to take a while (probably another month or so). Is the HiB set bonus worth it enough to spend all that time saving up?

When you think about going back to get the right BM gear now and then doing the whole WH gear right from the start compared to getting the wrong WH gear now and doing that a second time a few months later isn't really a time saver.

Basically, regrinding a second set of BM gear now is a lot easier and faster in the long run than a second set of WH gear next month.

Edited by kjfett

I have 2 BM sets, still building my WH eliminator. I'd say, go for BM eliminator if you want to go assault.

Otherwise, go tactics with WH combat tech, it's also pretty fun and powerful.

The set bonus makes a huge difference, I cringe whenever I see the hordes of assault Vanguards who wear full combat tech (even WH), just because it is "the vanguard set" by default