New Jedi Species?

mohawkhidingkid

You could've warned about the horrific opening tune. Firstly, the playable races per class has been opened to 9 with 5 of them requiring an unlcok, by either levelling the races to 50 on a different class or paying 1.5million credits per race (an easily achieveable goal with a few days of endgame dailies.

To address the order of the races as they're spoken in the video:

I'm not sure about when we'll see Kel-Dor as their variety in appearence is very limited so far. While they may be able to help the dialogue with a voice filter, they can't ship it out with all players sharing the same head for the same gender with the same body type.

Nautolans on the otherhand are likely to be next in line. We can already see in-game that they've got head models for at least 2 different body types for each gender as well as more than one skin colour. They're likely the next easiest race to implement after the Cathar, but it may still boil down to popular demand.

Devaronians currently share the "one head only" issue of the Kel-Dor right now. But it has another problem which could prevent it from being playable as a whole. The devaronians are established as a very rare race outside of their home planet in the old republic era, despite the fact the males are famed for traveling. Much too rare to be seen commonly playable. Mako is a companion to the bounty hunter. And despite her being raised on Nar Shadaa (a city moon with an extremely packed population with no shortage of outlaws) she has a line stating that she has only ever seen a Devaronian twice in her life. More to the point I think I've yet to see a single female devaronian which have far more differences from the males than a prettier face.

Rodians are also possible. They've got heads for each gender at the very least. And much to my surprise I even witnessed a rodian NPC speaking galactic-basic, leaving open the possibility that no voice-alterations would be needed.

Wow thats alot took me awhile to reed that but after reading that yeah I agree with you man :D

You could've warned about the horrific opening tune. Firstly, the playable races per class has been opened to 9 with 5 of them requiring an unlcok, by either levelling the races to 50 on a different class or paying 1.5million credits per race (an easily achieveable goal with a few days of endgame dailies.

To address the order of the races as they're spoken in the video:

I'm not sure about when we'll see Kel-Dor as their variety in appearence is very limited so far. While they may be able to help the dialogue with a voice filter, they can't ship it out with all players sharing the same head for the same gender with the same body type.

Nautolans on the otherhand are likely to be next in line. We can already see in-game that they've got head models for at least 2 different body types for each gender as well as more than one skin colour. They're likely the next easiest race to implement after the Cathar, but it may still boil down to popular demand.

Devaronians currently share the "one head only" issue of the Kel-Dor right now. But it has another problem which could prevent it from being playable as a whole. The devaronians are established as a very rare race outside of their home planet in the old republic era, despite the fact the males are famed for traveling. Much too rare to be seen commonly playable. Mako is a companion to the bounty hunter. And despite her being raised on Nar Shadaa (a city moon with an extremely packed population with no shortage of outlaws) she has a line stating that she has only ever seen a Devaronian twice in her life. More to the point I think I've yet to see a single female devaronian which have far more differences from the males than a prettier face.

Rodians are also possible. They've got heads for each gender at the very least. And much to my surprise I even witnessed a rodian NPC speaking galactic-basic, leaving open the possibility that no voice-alterations would be needed.