Jug or Mara hard time chosing help me and tell me witch 1 is the better choice.

Niletne

Neither is more fun. Marauder is all SMASH but has poorer survivability than the Juggernaut. The Marauder's one an only role is to deal damage, and it rocks at it. The Juggernauts deal less damage, but they can equip shields to boost their survivability. Juggernauts can additionally choose to either deal damage or to protect their allies. Many find the sheer number of the Marauder's abilities confusing. It can be, at times. However, remember that healers and tanks are more in demand when it comes to grouping. Besides that it is all personal preference.

EDIT: Oh, just remembered. Juggs have more hoods up than Maras.

Edited by Termorn

Juggernauts have by far the better looking armour, too, at least beyond level 20. Or rather, they actually have something that looks like armour. *grumbles*

But yesh, it's incredible how tough Juggernauts are. Judging from the one in my group, they're excellent tanks and hard to stop, in PvE as well as in PvP. I am tempted to say that Marauders are more "fun" to play as their combat style is more about mobility and elegance rather than the "brute force head through wall" approach of the Juggernauts - but the fun can stop quickly when an enemy is suddenly focusing their attacks on you.

It works for me because in PvE I have a good Juggernaut in my team who knows how to tank, and two Sorcerers in the rear providing heals, but it may be more tough when you're on your own. Fortunately, your very first Companion is a healer, though. On the other hand, by taking Vette with you you'd miss out on Jaesa, and Jaesa is a bad*ss.

In PvP, I was very frustrated at first because the enemy team knows they can kill you in 5 seconds. Once I learned to live with this and changed my role from frontal attacker to harasser/skirmisher, though, in essence adopting a less direct approach, it started to be more enjoyable. I still die a lot, but in the midst of my team and the confusion of a big battle I can be a pain in the rear.

In the end, I chose the Marauder because (a) my KotOR character had two lightsabers and (b) I'm a fan of the more agile fighting style employed by SW characters such as Ahsoka Tano. The Marauder delivers in that she allows me to jump a lot from enemy to enemy. I have two abilities that let me leap through the air from one foe to another, it just looks awesome compared to our Jugg who is like *walk walk walk*. The only thing I'm jealous of is the Jugg's Force Push. :p

Edited by Taleera