The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

SO bored with pyro

Regulaser

is AP viable in 50 pvp? or should i look into some kind of hybrid build? i'm not interested in going full tank but i can't stand pyro anymore. i'm not looking to start a huge "pyro vs ap" thread and i've read a lot of them already. i want to see what peoples current thoughts are, and with 1.3 coming out, any suggestions anyone has.

is AP viable in 50 pvp? or should i look into some kind of hybrid build? i'm not interested in going full tank but i can't stand pyro anymore. i'm not looking to start a huge "pyro vs ap" thread and i've read a lot of them already. i want to see what peoples current thoughts are, and with 1.3 coming out, any suggestions anyone has.

I feel u, bored of pyro as well. Almost finished gearing for full tank WH set and changing specs every now and then. AP aint bad but if u wanna try it out ur gonna love how fast u can move in wzs and just flee away from danger. I can pretty much do the same amount of dmg as AP and Pyro in wzs but AP has a little bit less burst.

AP has been extremely viable during the time i spent in this spec after going through the same issues with pyro. The way i see it though is not just about the burst, as your sustainable dmg is far greater, It's the fact that the uptime on the enemy due to the lower range requirement to sustain that dmg makes your numbers and therefore your impact much less than pyro.

That being said i am a pretty avid objective based player and i learned to adjust my playstyle to put pressure in different ways, i.e. peeling for healers, running the ball etc, but the main thing i felt with this spec is that my ability to be focus fire target and still survive was much greater. I would force focus on me through objective tagging, as people will often stun to kill i would take 20% less damage, which stacks with other cd's to make you and effective short term tank prior to popping HO to get me out of situations and fall back to LoS positions to get back into fights, therefore separating those dpsers that run as groups (nice for counters).

But if you like seeing numbers you will get bored and your healer kills can struggle against healers that struggle seeing who is focus and therefore where burst is king.