Any reason to play a commando over scoundrel in pvp (healing spec)?

Finrok

First few ranked matches as CM, I was heavily focus fired and lived a long time by being ballet and indestructible. I think the extra amount of damage a light armor wearer would have taken is large. But I don't know how well scoundrels do with 4-5 attackers since I don't have one. Reactive shield is really strong.

It comes down to play preference. Scoundrels are more heal over time where Commandos, IMO, are support heals. If you want the ability to stealth mid fight while healing so you can get away, and recoup then go Scoundrel. If you want to run around with a big freaken cannon having probes heal each other and shoot a big green beam of Kill Me Now, then go Commando.

Personally I play a commando healer and I enjoy it every day. It fits my play style and I love the trooper class in its own right. If you have the time, play each to lvl 20, mess around a bit with them in some pvp or pve and see which one you like. :)

It really depends on the playstyle you want.. It's mobility versus survivability.

As a scoundrel, you will be mobile and moving at all times except to throw UWM when needed. You'll be doing drive-by Dirty Kicks, Flash Grenades from stealth and generally being a nuisance to the other team while keeping yours alive (which will add to the opposing team's ire and draw focus fire on you, but hey, that comes with the territory of being a healer).

As a commando, you will often plant yourself in one spot for a little bit, tank 4 people at once and still live to prepare for the next wave. Whenever I got paired with my server's best combat medic, we were an awesome team. If he would draw focus fire, we would still be able to keep him and the rest of our team up during crazy fights.

If you want to be mobile and run around the field, go scoundrel. If you want to be a fortress, go commando (hah, oxymoron?). Scoundrel heals really don't come into their own until level 30ish since SRMP+EMP will become an important part of your skillset and save you in a pinch.

Edited by howsah