Can I get some PVP/PVE healing tips?

Elendanis

All I see is complaining. Instead of dealing with that, I want to try out some healing. We have the potential to be the best healing class in the game. Why you may ask? Because we have a special recourse if handled properly can be unlimited!

Has anyone found an efficient build for this yet?

Any tips?

I just want an idea of the effectiveness. pvp and pve wise.

can we still do damage as healers?

etc etc.

I only know pve since I haven't really pvped with my merc.

Do a 31 or 32 pt build in bodyguard, honestly the talents are self explanatory.

At 50 you will want

Aim as close to or above 2k with stim

Tech crit at 40%

Surge around 75%

Power floating above 500 with stim

You will probably end up with around 8-10% alacrity from mods and stuff. It's a good number to be at.

With this you should be hitting high 5k crits pretty consistantly (with the rare 6k+) while sill doing 2k-3k non crit and rapid shots critting well into the 400s a hit.

Chain heals with instants directly after for the globals.

Bind thermal sensor overide, power surge, and relics and USE them!

try not to let your heat get above 40 but don't spaz out if you do. Vent heat, some rapid shots, and even still SCG will help out a lot.

Rapid shots can do around 800-1k a global. It's really not that bad to just spam it sometimes, especially when you need your heat to drop slightly.

Try to be efficient with Kolto missile. It's a strong instant cast heal that is really good at helping with multiple people. (Think Tanks in EC with double destruction. )

in EC HM a BH can be top heals for pretty much every boss except Col Vorgath. I think kephess is easy mode for us and I listen to Sorcs and ops rage about how hard it is to keep tanks up in the final stages if he gets some lucky hits in.

You can still dps, but you are a healer first. We have wicked AOE, there are certainly times to let it shine and throw down a DFA and flame thrower.

Edited by Alash

I only know pve since I haven't really pvped with my merc.

Do a 31 or 32 pt build in bodyguard, honestly the talents are self explanatory.

At 50 you will want

Aim as close to or above 2k with stim

Tech crit at 40%

Surge around 75%

Power floating above 500 with stim

You will probably end up with around 8-10% alacrity from mods and stuff. It's a good number to be at.

With this you should be hitting high 5k crits pretty consistantly (with the rare 6k+) while sill doing 2k-3k non crit and rapid shots critting well into the 400s a hit.

Chain heals with instants directly after for the globals.

Bind thermal sensor overide, power surge, and relics and USE them!

try not to let your heat get above 40 but don't spaz out if you do. Vent heat, some rapid shots, and even still SCG will help out a lot.

Rapid shots can do around 800-1k a global. It's really not that bad to just spam it sometimes, especially when you need your heat to drop slightly.

Try to be efficient with Kolto missile. It's a strong instant cast heal that is really good at helping with multiple people. (Think Tanks in EC with double destruction. )

in EC HM a BH can be top heals for pretty much every boss except Col Vorgath. I think kephess is easy mode for us and I listen to Sorcs and ops rage about how hard it is to keep tanks up in the final stages if he gets some lucky hits in.

You can still dps, but you are a healer first. We have wicked AOE, there are certainly times to let it shine and throw down a DFA and flame thrower.

sounds awesome :3 I'll give it a shot! I love healing in mmo's. XD I just knew that people are totally bashing on mercs cause they aren't a faceroll class anymore :C I want to find where they still shine.