The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Power vs. Aim in the Pyro PVP spec

I've been looking around a lot, and I gotta say that I am very satisfied with my current situation. But sometimes i read around discording opinions from very efficient DPS PVP Vanguards, so what I gathered is that, ultimately, the ultra-fine min-maxing isn't that important provided that you have the best equip out there and you know what you are doing with a good team behind your back.

STILL...

I am curious.

** Please refrain from commenting if you are not in full War Hero gear. Your opinion is valued and respected but this is a ballpark you haven't stepped into yet so your theoretical comment is probably not going to add much. Needless to say you are FREE to comment as much as you want, just trying to give you perspective on why it's probably not so helpful <3 **

So,

at full War Hero level, do you favor Aim or Power for your augments? I read a lot about stacking power in order to get bigger burst and higher crit numbers, but I don't really understand why that should be the case. Reading and doing some napkin math on my character page, turns out that 1 point of Aim provides me roughly 0.20 bonus damage (and some spare crit chance) whereas Power (and Tech Power) provide 0.23 bonus damage.

Are those values hard values, same for every Vanguard across the board, or do they have diminishing Returns, o change and fluctuate based on other eolements I am not aware of?

a) your personal opinions and experiments

b) the official explanation on why Power should ever be preferred to aim, if it should. Is it for the 0.02 damage per point bonus over aim?

c) Knowing if my calculations are completely off (aim = 0.20 bonus damage per point/ Power = 0.23 bonus damage per point), or if they have diminishing returns, hence providing different bonus based at different levels.

Edited by LefteyeFalconeer

** Please refrain from commenting if you are not in full War Hero gear. Your opinion is valued and respected but this is a ballpark you haven't stepped into yet so your theoretical comment is probably not going to add much. Needless to say you are FREE to comment as much as you want, just trying to give you perspective on why it's probably not so helpful <3 **

** Comment refrained. Not because I do not have War Hero gear, but because of the pomp.