Merc PvE DPS

HavocMaster

OK, so first off, I am a strictly casual player. I don't PvP, I don't do Operations, I rarely do Flashpoints. I do single player quests and enjoy the story. I started with a Sniper, because I heard they had good story and good DPS, but I hated the cover mechanic. Therefore, I am switching to BH, as I have heard it has better mobility, but a similarly turret-ish playstyle, and phenominal survivability. So, my question: How is Arsenal Merc DPS? I don't need to be competitive, I just want enough so that I don't feel like I am fighting with a wet noodle. So, how are they? Thanks alot for any advice you can give!

Arsenal is the way to go both leveling and end game. Once you get death from above and obliterate multiple mobs at once you will be happy you made the BH choice, Arsenal Mercs in my honest opinion is the quickest and easiest character to level and they are down right fun to play, plus they start off with a healing companion which is awesome, and they eventually get a jawa!!

BH storyline is lacking though, and may possibly be the worst storyline in the game, as far as imperials go I think.

Personally I'm really enjoying the bounty hunter story line, granted I'm only at the start of chapter 2. But so far it's been exactly what i would expect a bounty hunter story line to be like.. and i enjoy it lol. As for the dps, its absolutely lovely once you get tracer missile things just get better from there all the way up to heatseeker (i may only have a ch2 bh but ive played gunnery commando all the way through end game, same exact mechanics.)

P.S. Speaking from a strictly PVE standpoint. I've only dabbled in pvp and i dont find it absolutely horrendous but a good marauder will tear you apart like paper.

Edited by Varral

BH storyline is lacking though, and may possibly be the worst storyline in the game, as far as imperials go I think.

Everyone has an opinion. Mine is that it is the best story in the game and I really enjoyed it, even working through it a second time.

Yes, Merc DPS is plenty fine for solo questing and heroics. Downtime is also minimal. My sniper and sorc have a lot more downtime when soloing.

• 2 weeks later...
OK, sorry for necro'ing this thread, but I figured it would be better that recreating it. Same question as earlier, but with 1.3 updates to consider. These forums are so full of doomsayers it is hard to know what it truly broken to the point of being unplayable, and what is just not competitive Operation/Rated WZ lvl DPS.

OK, sorry for necro'ing this thread, but I figured it would be better that recreating it. Same question as earlier, but with 1.3 updates to consider. These forums are so full of doomsayers it is hard to know what it truly broken to the point of being unplayable, and what is just not competitive Operation/Rated WZ lvl DPS.

In your original post you stated you don't PvP, you don't do ops, flashpoint rarely and mostly single player stuff. The concerns people have don't affect you.

Arsenal mercs are still very viable in PvE ops. Pyro for WZs. As of now only one of our main talents is confirmed as broken. That is target tracking on the arsenal tree. Does not increase crit damage on unload by 30% as stated.

Overall I would say that mercs are still very viable. People will always find something to complain about. Are we the best DPS class? Probably not. Still up there though.