PVP gear in story mode

atheosa

Now that I am level 50, I just started playing warzones. I started getting recruit and battlemaster gear. Should I save all of my other gear it replaces for when I decide to go back to exploring and play more story missions, or is pvp gear good for more than just pvp warzones? I mean can I use pvp gear for pve?

You'll be fine with the quests. PVP gear becomes a problem when you want to run hard mode Ops and flashpoints. It's a manufactured problem that a lot of MMOs use to keep people happy. Pvpers dont want "raid" gear people in their battles and the Pvers don't want pvp geared people in their "dungeons." But you'll be fine with planet quests.

Battlemaster gear is more than viable for storymode operations except Denova and flashpoints, and is fine for questing.

War Hero gear is fine for hardmode operations and SM EC except for kephess (his speed-survival check is the heftiest gear/reflex check in the game atm).

Experienced players can do operations and flashpoints in recruit gear just fine except for lost island and denova.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.