Stat focus ??

Aliman

Ok guys I will say it out just like it is,

I've played arsenal merc for a while now and I love it for raids. I managed to find my own rotation so that i would never overheat and keep an constant dps on bosses. Usualy it's like many of you are saying keep 5 stacks of TM at all time, unload on barrage and so on... normal rotation that many of you are using. I've been using mox pharser program to messure my dps but for some reason I'm waaaay bellow what some of you claim. I've tested it on MK-5 dummy on fleet and I seem to be around 1200 DPS.

I've been trying to optimize my gear according to aerros guide.

So my question is: What's your stats ?? how much aim? how much power ? accuracy ? surge ? what should be my target for does different stats ??

Thanks

Same Problems here!

I have solo buffed :

2028 aim

641 power

31% critic

73,6% surge

100,70 accurancy

tree is 7/31/3 according to aerro thread (9% alacrity)

I have the good rotation, 3 TM, HS, 2TM, RS and i hit unload as soon as i get barrage and RS, as soon as i get 5 tracer lock (never before), i use trinket and adrenal as soon as i can.

I pull 1200 - 1300 dps in 6 min fight on operation dummy and i run with ActParser.

I don't understand why i'm wrong!

I tried the combat dummy once, but got bored. In Mox, on minefields I am usually first or second and on Kephess 10-15k total damage done less than the Marauders. It doesn't display DPS well as we are sync'd for the whole raid, and I keep forgetting to look at actual DPS for the fight in my own tab.

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/1029489f-67ac-40aa-aa9e-08984112185c

Pretty much following Aerro's guide. Can't wait for more augment slots though.

Edited by Raekor

IMHO the best thread on stat weights/gear.

http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forums/Thread-Mercenary-Commando-DPS-Compendium?page=30

As for maximizing our DPS - to really maximize it you want a campaign damage proc (kinetic or energy) relic because of your armor penetration and a campaign power relic and you need to make sure all your cooldowns are used. For instance, if you're not keeping vent heat on cooldown, you're going to underperform someone who does because you're holding back more often than you need to.

I've found weaving in fusion missile improves my DPS as well - once you have 5 stacks an extra tracer aside from the one you need to refresh the stacks will underperform fusion missile. Using this guy's stats (which are way too accuracy heavy), fusion missile hits for 1859-2284 kinetic on hit with 429 damage per tick (6 ticks or 2571 total) elemental damage which vastly outperforms the 2334-2900 he should expect from tracer missile. The former should have a total of ~3700 (crits on dot ticks of pure elemental damage) whereas the latter will only hit on average for about 2000 (all kinetic). It costs twice as much but does almost twice as much applied damage for the same cast time which means you're swapping two tracers for fusion + rapid shots for superior throughput and of course using it when it lines up with vent heat.

Edited by dcgregorya