The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Pyro PVE gear set

Jewa_taken

Hi there,

A question for you guys: Do you prefer Combat Tech or Eliminator sets for PVE?

My pve gear is a mess, geared up doing both pvp and pve and just went with Combat Tech because I heard/read somewhere that it was "The" set for pve.

So atm in Rakata Combat Tech armour and some columi gear and an old BM ear.

Put in some columi mods as well to balance the stats a bit.

So now, early days in grinding for WH gear, I look at my shiny new auged WH boots and legs and, whaddya know, they beat my Rakata Combat Tech for stats.

But I'd lose the set bonus if I use them. Still since I have a elim Helmet (for looks) now would be a good time to switch if I we're to go to elim stuff.

I remembered seeing a post here not too long ago that said Eliminator did 8% more than Combat Tech, but can't find the post now or verify the number.

I've also seen someone here (sorry can't remember who) put up a "BiS" Rakata gear list, and that one was Combat Tech.

Does anyone have an opinion on if Eliminator is better for full pyros in pve as well or if Combat Tech is better?

Anyone tested this, or can remember the post I mentioned above?

Just to clarify: I'm wondering about the set bonuses.

I am not sure but I think the best dps might be to use the best rakata mods in the BM Eliminator shell for the 15% crit on rail shot bonus. I am to cheap and have to many other things to worry about to really try it out. I think if you are going to use the Rakata set bonuse the Combat Tech is best.

I am not sure but I think the best dps might be to use the best rakata mods in the BM Eliminator shell for the 15% crit on rail shot bonus. I am to cheap and have to many other things to worry about to really try it out. I think if you are going to use the Rakata set bonuse the Combat Tech is best.

That's what I was thinking, sorry if I wasn't clear. So for now, since Campaign seems a bit off, put the rakata mods into BM gear & supplement with my WH eliminator gear for the set bonus.

Still, short term solution, I'll want to trade those BM for WH eventually.

But the grind for BM is less and in the long run maybe putting Black Hole into BM Eliminator? Campaign level mods with crit bonus on rail shot?

I was just wondering if that would actually be better for a pyro than pve Combat Tech gear.