The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Stop ruining Vanguard SS

Why would you nerf an already underpowered pvp spec. Stock strike is the only high damage ability we have. Do u have any good reason for the nerf??? Your so called balance is only gonna ruin an already underplayed class.Ylu are basically saying that Vanguard SS class is only useful in pve and that toi with lower dps than any other tanking class. ***

Underpowered?

WHY WHY WHY do I keep seeing this? Vanguard Shield Spec is NOT underpowered.

And this Nerf... bah

Because of all these discussions about our huge stockstrike nerf, today just to get a sense of things I removed stockstrike from my quickbar and played a few warzones.

First warzone I did 450k in a PUG voidstar with basically only ion pulse and hammer shot. Every warzone I finished top medals. Every Voidstar I got a destroyer medal (300k+). Every warzone I got all protection medals (50k+). If you think shield spec is underpowered you should stop playing mmos

I can crit with an almost completely spammable ion pulse for 1600. Average with it is well over 1000. Any class that can run around doing one ability over and over and get 400k is NOT underpowered. Seriously.

Burst? we get sticky grenade which can be timed to strike with other damage. We get energy blast which is off the GCD. With the nerf we'll have sticky grenade damage happening at the same time as 'nerfed' stockstrike, and followed up with a High impact bolt and simultaneous energy blast.

All while being super tanky. And YES, we are super tanky. 53% damage reduction on 2 types. 19% reduction on other 2. 40+% shield and absorb on all white damage. Easy to apply 4% additional debuff for everyone on your team. Higher HP. And that's not even getting to def cooldowns.

I've said it before -- The problem people are having is that they mistakenly buy all tank gear for pvp because they think if they buy dps gear they won't be a good tank, or actually playing as a tank.

Basically ALL of your real tankiness comes from something other than your gear. So stack dps and do great damage like you can. And for god's sake if you really want to be tanky and play like a tank, GUARD and TAUNT.

Edited by Ehral