The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Problems leveling.

Arator

I've just gotten to Tatooine on my Powertech. However I seem to have hit a wall. I can take on groups of standard mobs no problem, but as soon as a strong or an elite is thrown into the mix it is pretty much a guaranteed death.

I've been leveling Pyro spec up to this point. I'm currently level 25.

Should I be leveling tank spec? Does Mako just become ineffective once I get to Tat?

The problem sounds more like a gear/stat/skill issue to be honest. If you continue to upgrade your gear at regular intervals then you should have no issues... especially if you were not having issues before Tatooine. The same goes with Mako. Keep her gear up to date as well. If you are on Tatooine and she is still wearing level 10 gear then well there is a whole new set of issues all together. He he. Make sure all your gear is up to date, and let us know specifically what is happening. I.E., are you over heating and just dying because you cannot do anything? Are you getting hit with alot of big hits? Is Mako even switched to Healing stance? Let us know!

I seem to keep dieing because the Strong/Elite mobs hit me quite hard and Mako can't/isn't healing me.

All of my gear and Mako's is up to date. Mako has all the cunning gear drops from Athiss and the only thing she is missing is one implant which are too expensive for me to buy on the GTN. I also have Mako in healing stance and all of her combat spells disabled.

Edited by Arator

I'm +4x now and have had no issue as Pyro at all. Kite! You have 100% snare up time, use it.

Another option is drop 25 in Tank tree rest in mid tree -take rocket punch buff from pyro!

Edited by Cempa

If your gear is up to date then there is no reason you should be having problems. Check out youtube or this video on how to maximise your Pyrotech mechanics...

Hope it helps and there is always plenty more content on youtube or my channel that might be useful! Good luck.

I'm +4x now and have had no issue as Pyro at all. Kite! You have 100% snare up time, use it.

Another option is drop 25 in Tank tree rest in mid tree -take rocket punch buff from pyro!

'

I switched my spec around to take the slow. Now I'm just able to kite everything. Thank you.