The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Help with end game Powertech please

PirateHeist

I just reactivated my account after a two month hiatus. With all of the server merges/character transfers I wan't to be a viable addition to any group.

I'm a PowerTech. I wan't to do flashpoints and ops mainly. Are PT's used as tanks at all for these? Or should I spec in the Pyrotech DPS tree? Also, what gear should I be buying with my commendations? Combat Tech or Super Commando?

Thanks for any sort of a point in the right direction!!

If you're looking at PvE then Shield Tech is viable, but it won't be as good in pvp with the upcoming changes. Pyrotech is the max dps spec for PvP & fills a mid to long range damage role in PvE, it gets 30% extra damage to targets below 30% HP elemental enhancement damage. Advanced Protoype gets boosts to in-combat speed and the elemental dot Retractable Blade, along with enhancements to Flame sweep (great for PvE), movement and burst damage that requires patience and timing. All alot of fun!

Here's a guide on a Pyrotech dps starter spec that is also okay for PvE, you can swap the points in AP for the extra aim and flame damage in ST tree, but this should do you as a support role that still does well in PvP.

Hope it helps.