Server transfers

Once again I'm bitterly disappointed with BW. This morning I received an offer to transfer my character to another server: Hooray! I can finally move to my own time zone... only to discover that there are only three servers in the Asia-Pacific region, and they are all full. So another bogus offer. You would think that BW would provide suitable server space before making the offer. :mad:

Greetings Jaren_Kincaid!

We ask that threads in the Star Wars Discussion section revolve around the Star Wars Universe not related to Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ such as Star Wars lore, games, books, television and more!

In regards to your question, we have the following information which you may find of assistance from Online Community Manager, Joveth Gonzalez, which you can find in our Developer Tracker:

As of now, the plan is still to maintain transfers between PvP to PvP, PvE to PvE, RP-PvP to RP-PvP, and RP-PvE to RP-PvE. The fact that only one RP-PvP server exists for each language in Europe does not change this, so you are right: for this initial phase, there won't be any free character transfers available for these three servers in order to maintain the servers' designations as RP-PvP. However, as we mentioned before, this is all part of our initial service. Future versions of the character transfer service may allow more options in your choice of destination servers and may require a transfer fee.

Quoting myself here for further clarification. This doesn't mean that we won't be evaluating feedback and populations on an ongoing basis. We will be evaluating the options for folks on these three servers as we continue the initial character transfer service. If anything changes, we will be sure to let folks know immediately.

You can find more information regarding Character Transfers in our Character Transfers FAQ and Character Transfers section on the Official Website.

Please feel free to also partake in the following thread:

Thank you for your understanding and we hope this helps! :jawa_smile: