So my server is on the list available for transfer....

gabigool

About a month or so ago my neighbor gave me a free trial so I rolled a character on his server which was an RP PvE server (Kath Hound). He stopped playing (back when I was about level 12) and I've since leveled up a couple characters, my highest is a SI, level 48. I've been a little alt-happy as in an MMO I tend to focus mostly on PvE Endgame with little (read, zero) PvP so I'm trying to find a character I want to devote the effort into.

Right now I have one of each advanced class (or it's mirror image) - 4 empire 4 imperial. I am really liking my Trooper (mid 30's) and my Sniper (same) and am thinking I'd like to go one of those routes provided the playstyle stays roughly the same as I get higher. I'm already bored with my SI (sorc) and frankly even if it wasn't I'm not sure it's all that great of a DPS class - as I've examined the numbers it seems I'd have to spec lightning rather than madness and I've found that tree to be terribly boring.

I raided (hard-core 5 night a week) for about 5 years in WoW nearly 100% as a destro-lock. I'd like to eventually get back into that kind of a situation - perhaps maybe not as much time but I'd like to hit the upper end of endgame content (to me there's not much point in playing an MMO otherwise). I recognize the concept of FOTM so that's not my issue with the sorc, it's simply I don't enjoy it.

So - I need to devote more time into one of the two characters now that I've gotten a feel for all of the various playstyles. I'm certain I don't fully grasp the subtleties of all of them, but by 30 or so I have a "feel" - and I enjoy the feel of Trooper/Sniper. I enjoy the Trooper more but my sense is that for raiding Trooper won't be able to touch Sniper in single-target DPS (regardless of future balance changes) so I'm leaning towards Sniper.

I haven't rerolled becasue I knew transfers were coming and it doesn't take a genius to know a dead server when you see one - my server is a ghost town. However I just learned that I will have to transfer to another RP Server - The Ebon Hawk I believe. This disappoints me, as I'm assuming it will be pretty much like the server I am on now - a joke. There is literally nothing ever in the auction house, no one doing anything interesting and a bunch of people hanging around in the fleet (actually, by "a bunch" I mean about 14) going "Well met, ye Scoundrel".

I'm thinking I'd might as well reroll. Would you guys do the same in my situation? The biggest reason I haven't is that I have nearly all crew skills up at or around 400 and that was literally a pain in the rear without even one level 50. In fairness though, I only did that because it's made gearing my alts simple (since NOTHING I ever looked for on the GTN was there) and frankly I wouldn't see a need to level much of anything aside from slicing and biochem if I reroll - let's be honest, the crew skills are a joke in this game.

So - reroll to a pure PVE server? Can anyone suggest some PVE servers with decent endgame prospects?