Shut down at least 50% of the servers

Beron

Yes Bioware. The fact is that 90% of the servers are emtpy right now. You know that the servers are empty so do we. So why are you keeping those servers still online? Even with only half the amount of servers in the game most servers will only have a standart load on prime times. You even announced that your servers can hold even more players now. Even making the game free to play up to level 15 wont change the fact that the servers are empty and people are already cancling their subscriptions cause of that.

Really 50% of the servers need to be gone asap. Accept that fact and I know you are afraid of admitting it and of what the game industry and free press will say about swtor when you shutdown 50% of the servers, but you have to do it. Check the numbers... 90% of the servers have less than 400 active players online! You can count the numbers of servers which are currently full (etc. having a standart or heavier load) with one hand!

Edited by Beron

90%, huh? You know this how? I play on one of (if not the) least populated server and there is still ~100 people on at peak hours. That is not 'empty.'

No server should be shut down unless it is literally empty (meaning completely devoid of a single player.) No player should be forced or uprooted to another server. We all pay for the service and that means everyone deserves to play how they want to play.

So long that one player remains on a server, that server should not be shut down.

90%, huh? You know this how? I play on one of (if not the) least populated server and there is still ~100 people on at peak hours. That is not 'empty.'

No server should be shut down unless it is literally empty (meaning completely devoid of a single player.) No player should be forced or uprooted to another server. We all pay for the service and that means everyone deserves to play how they want to play.

So long that one player remains on a server, that server should not be shut down.

u play on the least populated there is huh lmfao.... my server peaks 17 ppl, sometimes 2.

tumbleweeds everywhere.

100 people sounds nice.

Only reason that I can see for them not to just merge quite a few servers is that even though a lot of people aren't logging in, they still have a paid sub. They must be afraid that if they merged servers all of these people would suddenly get the urge to play.....all at once!.......and crash their servers.........People vs. Bioware Combat :rak_03:

Honestly, that would be the only reason I can see for them not merging a lot of servers.

u play on the least populated there is huh lmfao.... my server peaks 17 ppl, sometimes 2.

tumbleweeds everywhere.

100 people sounds nice.

I think he means 100 total, not just fleet. Since, you know, people are still part of server population even if they're not on the fleet. ;-)

Hello everyone,

We know that everyone is excited about the new server transfers and wants to share their thoughts, but will be closing this thread and asking that the conversation be kept here:

Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

This will help us ensure that everyone can participate in conversation with one another, and the forums aren't completely dedicated to threads on this important topic.

You may also want to take a look at the following information that we have posted recently:

Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers Blog Entry

List of Available Servers for Transfer

Character Transfer Service FAQ

Please note that we have not listed all of the servers that will be eligible for transfers just yet, stay tuned to the threads linked above for additional details. Thanks!