The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Level 50 stat confusion

Guntank

So, I am a level 50 vanguard trooper running a tanking spec 31/7/3 and have been in the gearing process for some time, and I have noticed a strange trend, as I have upgraded through the gear sets from Tionese, to Columi, now almost full Rakata, but as I have gone through I have noticed that as my armor rating, endurance, and health have increased, my shield chance has dropped significantly. Here are my stats.

Health 21010 (unbuffed) 21908 (buffed)

Armor 5435 (without ioncell) 8316 (with Ion cell)

Damage Reduction 35.48 (without ioncell) 52.50 (with ioncell)

Defense chance 13.53

Shield Chance 13.00 (without ion cell) 28.00 (with ion cell)

Absorption 40.09

before I started getting geared, I had a shield chance approaching 50%, I have lost almost 20% since I hit 50. So my question is, did I screw something up? Miss something on he skill tree? Is this the way its supposed to be? Or do I need to start switching out mods?

There's no way your shield chance should be that low, it should be over 40% with Ion Cell active. For reference, in moderately itemized Rakata/Blackhole gear, I am around 47% shield chance, 54% absorb when I'm just standing around on fleet.

Now, the Rakata gear does have pretty horrible itemization, namely, a truckload of Accuracy. Swap those enhancements out ASAP (possibly for Columi, until you get enough Blackhole).

• 2 weeks later...

+1

it's easy when getting new armor to just wear it. rakata >> columi >>tionese right? yes and NO. Developers in their infinite wisdom like to add gobs of accuracy on enhancements which we do not need.

Work on getting rid of all the mods with accuracy and replacing with stats to hit your softcaps and you'll be fine. more than fine.

Got my first Black Hole gear today... and I didnt even pay to pull the accuracy bloated mod out of it, I just dropped a more useful one into it and save myself some credits.