What Vigilance DPS is lacking: Surge Talent

Jageera

Not nonsense at all. If you have fully optimized gear and stats it's quite the norm.

I should add that my group has two other armor debuffs (from 2 arsenal mercs) which *will* hurt the overall damage in the patch, however, it only works out to be a 6-9% DPS loss and when you consider the static stat gain we will all get from additional augmented slots the losses should even out.

A friend in Fully augmented War Hero set, with rakata might stim on and JK buff does 4281 - 5129 masterstrike damage on his sentinel [no master strike talent]. He gets bonus damage from offhand though. Honestly I find it quite hard to have a 9K base damage on master strike [which is approximately the number you need to get a 16K crit] even with PVE gear, Shien Form, Single Saber mastery and Master Focus [or whatever is the name of that talent]. Also do note you would need 100% armour redux on your target to actually be able to hit this much.

However if you were to post a screenshot of your master strike's [ravage] damage I might be convinced.