Legacy family tree , why why why

APNTerra

The legacy family tree is a good idea in general, but does not really work for me.

Firstly because you can have allies and rivals - Han solo was luke's ally, but he didnt have to become his adopted brother and change his name to skywalker...

Also, I have a sith, who marries a human women, and they have a daughter, i drag the daughter onto the sith and select child, why does it only show as his child and not hers too. IS IT THAT HARD to have the line come from in between (where the ring symbol is for a couple) so that you can clearly see who both parents are?

also, why cant we add companions to the tree, i didnt spend endless hours and credits romancing jeasa to have to use my own replacement toon as a wife on the family tree...

get me?

Also, I have a sith, who marries a human women, and they have a daughter, i drag the daughter onto the sith and select child, why does it only show as his child and not hers too. IS IT THAT HARD to have the line come from in between (where the ring symbol is for a couple) so that you can clearly see who both parents are?

also, why cant we add companions to the tree, i didnt spend endless hours and credits romancing jeasa to have to use my own replacement toon as a wife on the family tree...

get me?

They don't drag both parents, because most characters can have companion wives.

Easier to just link to one other character, so you can at least pretend its that character and his/her companion's child.

There's alot of issues I have w/ it though too. [unless you add children, you can only have 1 spouse/sibling/ally/rival/etc?!?]

I would like to see what was listed above, and possibly linking to multiple characters. My Warrior's daughter's rival is his brother's ally, for instance. But I can only link in one place.

Edited by JWagner

I thought this was a thread to wonder about why it exists at all. There's no in-game effect to it, you can't display it to other people, it's just... Pointless.

Pretty much. It's not even a good tool for RP players because there's no way to share it short of making a screenshot and hosting the image somewhere else - which defeats the purpose.

If it actually had some kind of tangible benefit to characters within your legacy based on relationship, or if people could, at least see the Legacy family tree when inspecting a character within the legacy, I would say it could stay. As it stands, it's a waste of space that unnecessarily clutters up the legacy interface.

The legacy family tree is a good idea in general, but does not really work for me.

Firstly because you can have allies and rivals - Han solo was luke's ally, but he didnt have to become his adopted brother and change his name to skywalker...

get me?

There has been some discussions about adding companions and other players to your legacy tree . At the moment they said they are looking into how to do it.