Is BH healing still broken?

McNastyya

If by broken you mean far weaker than the other 2 classes, then yes it is. You will be outhealed at everything besides burst healing. You will defiantly be able to keep people up in the short run but cannot keep up in the long run. Roll a smuggler, its easier and alot more fun.

If by broken you mean far weaker than the other 2 classes, then yes it is. You will be outhealed at everything besides burst healing. You will defiantly be able to keep people up in the short run but cannot keep up in the long run. Roll a smuggler, its easier and alot more fun.

Sigh....

We are not "far weaker" then the other classes. We put out slightly less HPS (note that this is not Effective HPS) then Sorcs. We have a much easier sustained single target healing system that would leaves Sorcs struggling when the tanks can't stand still while tanking.

Pro's and Con's man.... Pro's and Con's.

I play both merc and operative as healers. Both in Rakata gear. My opinion is the operative is much stronger. I really enjoyed the merc before the 1.2 changes to heat, but now the operative is so much easier to manage from a resource perspective. I just respec'd my merc to arsenal because I haven't run across a situation where I'd prefer to have my merc healing instead of the operative.

I stop playing after 1.2 just wondering if anything has changed?

Its still not broken.

You can still outgear content and do great.

You can still complete all content with it.

Its still the worst of the three healers.

Nothing has changed since 1.2 and since the 1.3 patch notes are out. Nothing is going to.

We put out slightly less HPS (note that this is not Effective HPS) then Sorcs.

LOLOLOLOL yeah ok. Let me give you a dose of Reality. A sorc in Tionese will put out WAY more HPS than a Rakata BH could dream of. Yes, in most situations, it is a lot of worthless overhealing. However, a less skilled rakata sorc will still put out more Effective HPS vs a more skilled rakata merc assuming you are doing challenging content that is not just sniping heals.

To say we are broken is inaccurate, but no more inaccurate than saying we are only *Slightly* behind sorcs in HPS and even in EHPS.

Its still not broken.

You can still outgear content and do great.

You can still complete all content with it.

Its still the worst of the three healers.

Nothing has changed since 1.2 and since the 1.3 patch notes are out. Nothing is going to.

LOLOLOLOL yeah ok. Let me give you a dose of Reality. A sorc in Tionese will put out WAY more HPS than a Rakata BH could dream of. Yes, in most situations, it is a lot of worthless overhealing. However, a less skilled rakata sorc will still put out more Effective HPS vs a more skilled rakata merc assuming you are doing challenging content that is not just sniping heals.

To say we are broken is inaccurate, but no more inaccurate than saying we are only *Slightly* behind sorcs in HPS and even in EHPS.

The first sentence will definitely need a source of evidence to prove, as I'm not biting on that one. Now Rakata vs Rakata, in an ideal situation (Vorgath boss) then yes, a Sorc will utterly destroy a Merc in HPS. I don't really care though because I've got other roles to complete during those fights. Because HPS is such a biased and easily eschewed healing measurement, I consider the difference on average to be small. This is just an opinion and I'm aware that there are thousands of different ways to argue what an average is.

As for EHPS, if I really wanted to, it would be fairly easy to beat out a sorc simply because our AoE heal is a instant hit that allows us to heal the raid first once AoE damage is received. As long as I consistently hit the group that is within the healing circle as soon as damage is dealt. The majority of the sorcs heals become over healing. I guess we could assume if all 8 people are there then the merc only get less then half the healing available, thus Sorc will win on EHPS but how often is all 8 people actually there? The rest of our single target heals are also faster thus always beating the sorc to the punch.

Is this ever a good idea? Of course not. Is there a possibility that a competitive battle can exist between the healing classes for EHPS? I think so.

It was never broken - it became slightly more challenging to manage resources because our burst was nerfed.

Still, I enjoy my BG merc and often prefer to run with a Sorc healer in Ops. In my opinion, BG mercs are still the best single target healer in the game and with the Sorcs AoE, I find it easier to keep a raid up with that comp - I can focus mostly on the MT, throwing spot heals to the raid while the Sorc does what he does best - purple circles. Will I do as much healing as the Sorc? No. Does it matter? If everyone survives the encounter, no. When you're doing any content, it's a team goal. If you're that worried about individual stats versus the other healers in your group, you're playing for the wrong reason (unless you suspect it's causing problems with completing the content).

I've never had the opportunity to play with an Op healer - we don't have one in our guild and I've never run any content with one playing as my merc (have played as my sniper and jugg with op heals, but I'm not concentrating on health bars so much on those chars so I don't notice the healing as much).

It was never broken - it became slightly more challenging to manage resources because our burst was nerfed.

Still, I enjoy my BG merc and often prefer to run with a Sorc healer in Ops. In my opinion, BG mercs are still the best single target healer in the game and with the Sorcs AoE, I find it easier to keep a raid up with that comp - I can focus mostly on the MT, throwing spot heals to the raid while the Sorc does what he does best - purple circles. Will I do as much healing as the Sorc? No. Does it matter? If everyone survives the encounter, no. When you're doing any content, it's a team goal. If you're that worried about individual stats versus the other healers in your group, you're playing for the wrong reason (unless you suspect it's causing problems with completing the content).

I've never had the opportunity to play with an Op healer - we don't have one in our guild and I've never run any content with one playing as my merc (have played as my sniper and jugg with op heals, but I'm not concentrating on health bars so much on those chars so I don't notice the healing as much).

Same here... the heat got a little harder to control but I'm also teamed with a sorc. He does more op wide healing focused on the dps and the offtank... but I keep the main tank, myself and the other healer( the sorc) up no problem. He only helps with the main tank when I'm CC'ed. I rarely overheat these days now that I've adjusted to the changes. In pvp mercs and commandos are almost unkillable healers when played right. To me Operatives are the best overal healers, mercs the best single target and sorcs the best aoe. But Mercs have a solid role... not broken you just have to fall into that role and if this doesn't appeal to you, you need to re-roll

Edited by Choffware