fotj lore concerns

gabarooni

I'm worried about how the father brother and sister interpitations are going to be represented in future books. What I'm trying to say is that I'm worried that the lore of these 3 divine beings has the potential to turn the jedi/sith into space priests. I like the fact that the force is energy that infuses everything in the galaxy with the introduction of the lore from fotj and how the force supposidly springs from the 3 celestials I'm worried that its going to get to religeous and that would make me lose all interest in the force altogther. Imo the force is something that is used not a power that is granted.

I'm worried about how the father brother and sister interpitations are going to be represented in future books. What I'm trying to say is that I'm worried that the lore of these 3 divine beings has the potential to turn the jedi/sith into space priests. I like the fact that the force is energy that infuses everything in the galaxy with the introduction of the lore from fotj and how the force supposidly springs from the 3 celestials I'm worried that its going to get to religeous and that would make me lose all interest in the force altogther. Imo the force is something that is used not a power that is granted.

:eek: are you serious? star wars can't be anymore religious, if it tried. star wars is the most religious and political sci-fi franchise since frank herbert's "Dune", just because jedi and sith are not directly referred to as religious (although the dark humor is there, the saying "hokey religion" is always banned around by thou's that don't believe in the power of the force) they are though

things sith / jedi have in comon with religion, just off the top of my head

religious temples. jedi/sith temples

the power of faith/ the power of the force

sun of god, prophets and other religious figures/ the chosen one (born with mother being a virgin no less)

religous guidance, not just for the normal man of the street, but whole heads of state made decisions on what the church told them to do/ the jedi council and the sith, advice/order the republic and the empire what to do

i'm sure there are lots more but thats a quick off the top of my head list for ya

i'm sorry mate but if you think "fate of the jedi" is getting to religious, then you have missed a lot of things standing right in front of your nose

Edited by grandmthethird

Lucas says that The Force is a religion. The Force is inspired from many different religions all mushed into one package. If you don't want Star Wars to become too religious then you need to get out while you can. It might have been better if you didn't start. The first time I saw Star Wars and heard about the Force, I knew it had ties to religions. Not wanting Star Wars to become to religious is like telling Papa John to stop making Pizza. It doesn't work. Sorry to break it to you. Edited by Aurbere

Lucas says that The Force is a religion. The Force is inspired from many different religions all mushed into one package. If you don't want Star Wars to become too religious then you need to get out while you can. It might have been better if you didn't start. The first time I saw Star Wars and heard about the Force, I knew it had ties to religions. Not wanting Star Wars to become to religious is like telling Papa John to stop making Pizza. It doesn't work. Sorry to break it to you.

Jedi is recognized as a religion in real life, I am not joking google it.