It is still worth being a Arsenal Merc?

HalloWorld

Despite of the overwhelmingly negative responses from the community in regarding the degradation in the merc class's Arsenal build, I did quite well on the arena matches. However I was noticing some drop in DPS. But since I had quit the game shortly after the deployment of the 1.1 patch and just only recently resubscribed my ticket to return to this game (after 1.2 patching), there are many things I am not caught up with. I did well in the arena matches, but did noticing some differences in the gameplay beside the drop in damage output, but I was unable to pinpoint those differences which I had noticed during my match. It just felt wrong, something is not right. So I looked up on the internet and found many players had voiced their issue with the new patch, which bioware had deployed to fix class balances. But instead, the 1.2 had made the matter worse. Since character transfer is not yet available, I plan on making another mercenary on The Harbinger server (different server). But first I would like to ask for you guys' opinion: It is worth it to play Arsenal tree anymore? Edited by HalloWorld

Don't make a new merc, cus character transfers are coming soon, I think next week?

If you do want to still play merc in pvp, play pyro or bodyguard. They're both still good. As the game is progressing, Arsenal is getting more and more left behind.

I actually just switched back to Arsenal for fun. It was fun to be doing that much more burst and single target damage. I was still plagued with being interrupted and melee tearing me up. It was frustrating to not be able to kite like I can on Pyro. I do pretty well 1v1 on Pyro but as Arsenal, it's very frustrating as soon as melee is on you.

I think Arsenal is very good if you're in a premade with VC and have someone to peel. If you're solo queueing, I much prefer Pyro and I will probably spec back to home row (pyro) tonight or tomorrow.