[Guide] Jedi Sentinel PvE (Watchman)

Andrew_TS

I enjoyed the post you have put out, but I cannot find anything that confirms the 10% added defense metric on bosses. I have probably missed it, but is there any confirmation that this is true? I have read 8-10% additional defenses on bosses, but the 108 accuracy rating is to avoid any "specials" missing.

I am just trying to get a better idea of the metric assigned to accuracy as it relates to damage once one is over the 100 accuracy rating. I will keep looking in the mean time while hoping to find something that sheds more light on this issue.

EDIT: Found some information that says that base accuracy could be as low as 98% with "specials" accuracy at 108%. When one scrolls over the "accuracy" stat on their character it will tell you what your "base accuracy" is and "specials accuracy" is. I am not sure how true this is, but it should be interesting to get feed back on it.

Edited by Lynksys

I'm not sure about your priority system. Mine would be something like this

Merciless slash (when merciless is about to wear off)

Overload saber (instant so should be top priority)

Zen

Dispatch (high damage per focus when have set bonus)

Cauterize (before merciless slash so m slash can proc cauterize)

Merciless Slash

Zealous Strike

Master Strike (being a 3 sec channel i'd probably top up focus with zealous strike first)

Force Leap

Strike if around 4 or less focus

Slash if around 6 or more focus (strike and slash also depend on when other focus builders are getting off cooldown)

And I don't use blade storm as it is too costly though i could see someone using it to lengthen the duration of overload saber.

Also I think your accuracy is way too high. From what I read you get it to 100%, this way your special attacks are 110% (which is like everything but strike) and with op bosses 10% defense you don't miss. Then you go for 28-30% crit, and 70-75% surge, then you can stack power.

Edited by threepers

Skill Priority (Rotation):

(Note: The actual order will change based on distance to target, focus available, health of target, and cooldown timer. You should attempt to cast skills based on the following priority.)

[Edit: 12 June 2012]

- Merciless Slash

- Master Strike (All 3 ticks)

- Dispatch

- Cauterize

- Overload Saber

- Zealous Strike

- Blade Storm

- Force Leap

- Zen

- Strikes

You are hampering your dps with this rotation. It should be something closer to:

1) Overload Saber

2) Cauterize

3) Zen

4) Merciless Slash

5) Master Strike

6) Zealous Strike (If less than 6)

7) Force Leap

8) Slash

9)Strike

This by no means is a dedicated rotation or your opener (That is different). However, the point to note here is the change in priority of your burns. They MUST always be up and you must be sure not to clip or cut short Cauterize. Unless you want to reduce your damage output. Cauterize has a longer cool down than the length of its burn (6 secs), Merciless Slash and Slash have a chance to reset the cool down. That is why you wan them to follow Cauterize. I know I left dispatch out of the List. Dispatch is a special case. It is going to take priority over Merciless slash because it has a shorter cool down, costs less and does the same or more damage.

As far as gear goes........it really doesn't matter unless you are getting into Max/Min your stuff. In which case it is ALL about the actual mod/enhancement/armoring.

Also, there are a couple different specs for Watchmen depending on what you need for a particular fight or Operation.

I have also noticed the skill queue time make a huge difference. At 0-0.25sec queue times, I lose ~200 DPS. At 0.75-1sec queue times, I lose ~200-400 DPS. I seems that 0.5sec queue is optimal.

What is the time interval (in ms) between actions on your macro?

As it stands, my DPS is the highest on my server (at least on the republic side) of all classes of players that I have done Operations with (not just within my guild).

All 8 people that still login? :p