Combat Medics nerfed again in 1.3

mdesiderio

After the nerfed our healing and forced us to rely on our tankiness as healers, they are now taking away a huge chunk of our tankiness.

Heavy Trooper now increases healing received by 1% per point (down from 3%).

Speccing into Heavy Trooper is basically a necessity nowadays to give us survivability due to our lack of mobility. Now it's been reduced by 2/3rds to a paltry 2% bonus instead of 6%.

Well, so much for all the well-wishing and hopes people had for something to help make up for our pathetic resource system and mobility issues. We just got another small nerf to our survivability/

To be fair, this seems to be an all round thing that all such talents got hit with, not just Commandos. Granted, I'm not happy about it happening to my operative either, but at least it wasn't a case of commandos being singled out/

I'm not too worried about it honestly. I mean, right now look how much healing received Commando gets:

+5% whenever Kolto Residue is up,

+2% from Advanced Tech,

+6% from Heavy Trooper (will be dropping to just 2%)

+1% if any of your healing companions have maxiumum affection

So that's 14% right there. And that's assuming you don't take Med Zone, which is +20% while Reactive Shield is active. So post 1.3, that's still 10% healing received assuming you can keep the Kolto Residue buff up (which really isn't that hard). That is a mild nerf, but it doesn't make much of a difference in my opinion. Not to mention that from playing on the PTS, I noticed no significant difference in my healing performance or survivability.

After the nerfed our healing and forced us to rely on our tankiness as healers, they are now taking away a huge chunk of our tankiness.

Heavy Trooper now increases healing received by 1% per point (down from 3%).

Speccing into Heavy Trooper is basically a necessity nowadays to give us survivability due to our lack of mobility. Now it's been reduced by 2/3rds to a paltry 2% bonus instead of 6%.

Well, so much for all the well-wishing and hopes people had for something to help make up for our pathetic resource system and mobility issues. We just got another small nerf to our survivability/

Its 4% man ... its so miniscule in the larger context. That difference was never going to allow you to face-tank any competent group. Overall picture, 1.3 adrenals / relics changes mean healers will be more survivable. This is probably the whole point they hit Heavy trooper.