The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Sage/Sorc Build - PvP

Maelfician

I'm sure I'm violating some rule regarding posting a question that doesn't have to do with nerfing something, accusing folks of hacking/cheating, or how this or that is OP in the pvp forums, but hey, nobody's perfect.

So, I recognize I may be a little behind the times for Sage pvp builds, as I was running a hybrid 21/2/18 spec that performed quite well for me for some time (since release). After 1.2, and much time in the spawning point, I decided to go another route (about 2 weeks ago), with a 21/18/2 build and it's been great - it has cut my downtime significantly and hearing folks who used to consider me a free kill qq about, "moar cc plz" in /say or /general brings a smile to my face. However, I've seen some references to a 21/20 build and was wondering if the loss of the 6% willpower from the balance tree was a better trade off for Telikinetic Effusion.

As of now, my build is (21/18/2): http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600GhMRMdMzZf0rrzMbZ0M.1

I'm considering trying (21/20): http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600GhMRMdMzZf0rrzMr.1

I realize common wisdom is that you do not take both kinetic collapse and telekinetic defense - you pick one or the other. I've found, however, with the WH gear (and changes to expertise), the bubble goes down as quickly with the higher damage output whether talented or not, I just take less damage from the opening volley.

Anyway, constructive criticism, advice, and so on is appreciated.

Ah I see what you did.. so you feel 3 extra seconds on our weak insta DOT is worth the point? What does that amount to? 100 extra damage instead of whatever extra you would get from the willpower on every heal?

Also I question your choice of Telekentic Wave. Yes it does more damage than Forcequake but Forcequake is also an AE snare. Also Forcequake is instant and Teleketic Wave is a 3 second cast.

Finally unless you do cast Deliverance often 2 points in Immutable Force doesnt make much sence either. If you have 2.3 untiteruptable seconds to cast one why wouldn't you have 2.7 ?

my 2 cents

Edited by LancelotOC

The CD reduction on Speed is worth more than the Willpower boost since the speed will help you stay alive.

Remember, Sorcs are not Healers, Tanks, or DPS, they are pests. Our role is to annoy the other team with CC and lightning/rocks until they either rage quit to QQ on the forum or spend the rest of the match focusing us (allowing our team to cap the nodes).

Edited by Darth_Philar

The CD reduction on Speed is worth more than the Willpower boost since the speed will help you stay alive.

Remember, Sorcs are not Healers, Tanks, or DPS, they are pests. Our role is to annoy the other team with CC and lightning/rocks until they either rage quit to QQ on the forum or spend the rest of the match focusing us (allowing our team to cap the nodes).

This too.

Define what you are then talent to make that stronger. We really are what Pilar is saying.

Ah I see what you did.. so you feel 3 extra seconds on our weak insta DOT is worth the point? What does that amount to? 100 extra damage instead of whatever extra you would get from the willpower on every heal?

Also I question your choice of Telekentic Wave. Yes it does more damage than Forcequake but Forcequake is also an AE snare. Also Forcequake is instant and Teleketic Wave is a 3 second cast.

Finally unless you do cast Deliverance often 2 points in Immutable Force doesnt make much sence either. If you have 2.3 untiteruptable seconds to cast one why wouldn't you have 2.7 ?

my 2 cents

Dropping the weaken mind is definitely wise - agreed.

The TK is pretty much there only for the proc off force quake. Not worth casting unless it's instant.

The idea behind the 2 points off Deliverance is to get the cast time below 2 seconds (with alacrity adrenal/relic) to bypass the lockout duration of interrupts.

Agreed. Complete change of mindset from pre-1.2