Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Jedi Knight Still Worth It?

SmellyMoot

Are jedi knight's still worth playing right now in PvP? Atm im a jedi guardian (vigilance) spec and i do nice damage. I'm pleased with the damage i do and i was wondering if i can get ur suggestions on what you guys still think about jedi knight's. At the bottom i got a video of me doing some PvP so you guys can see my damage etc.

As a Guardian their gear looks better.......until you're 50 that is then you look like a space samurai. As a Sentinel your DPS is a lot better in fact their is no point to being a guardian if Sentinel is your superior opposite other than the fact that gear looks god awful as do all Republic classes. Unless you plan on being a Guardian Tank and still doing worse DPS, their really is no point.

To be blunt about it, there is no point trying to play a DPS guardian. Re-spec and learn to play a tank.

I don't agree. WZ statistics show that I do always less damage with my Guardian than Vanguard. However in my opinion I am far more better against one target with Guardian and far more control what happens around me with Guardian.

I get far more satisfying kills and people running away from me with Guardian. But it doesn't show on statistics because I always have to leap on target and the huge burst is most of time confined to single target. Most ranged classes do constant non-stop stream damage to targets which I can't match anyway. I have huge gaps in DPS compared to many ranged classes because Guardian is melee class.

Jumping middle of fray also means that as Guardian I am more often targeted first than lets say Trooper or Inquisitor.

While I draw fire ranged classes shoot my targets from far away and propably die after me doing lot longer damage than me.

I also think that because CC I actually kill healers faster which also unfortunately lowers my overall damage done.

I personally couldn't get past level 33, i kept getting my *** handed to me due to our lack of survivability, i am thinking the issue is because a melee weapon of the same level does less damage then a ranged weapon, i am thinking if they made them the same, as in increase the melee weapon damage to match that of the ranged weapon, i am thinking alot of the problems with this class will be solved.

To be blunt about it, there is no point trying to play a DPS guardian. Re-spec and learn to play a tank.

Ah. So the fact I'm less than 200 DPS behind a Sentinel and can pull off an emergency tank for a battle rez on our of our ops tanks has no point? Sorry, pal. Vig is still good, Sentinel is still better in DPS, but Guardian is much better in PvP once geared and played well. Because you can get close to a Sentinel, and have enough protection just from taunts to make some Kinetic Shadows wonder what they did wrong.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.