CM: Reserve Powercell and Cryo Grenade.

Hediori

Howdy.

The other night, I stumbled across something that has left me puzzled. As some of you may know, the talent "Efficient Conversions" in the Combat Medic talent tree effectively makes your Cryo grenade free of charge. It does not cost any ammo, essentially, with this talent.

What puzzles me is that if you activate "Reserve Powercell", which causes your next abillity to cost no ammo, and subsequently make use of Cryo grenade, the reserve powercell is consumed, despite the fact that cryo grenade does not cost any ammo.

In reality, this is a very small inconvenience, and it's not gamebreaking, but is it really intentional?

I sometimes like to line up my reserve powercell preemptively in some situations, and sometimes I'll make use of a cryo grenade first before I throw down a heal. As you may have guessed, I can't really do that now. I mean, I can throw down a heal, but it won't be free of charge.

Any thoughts on this?

Edit: Upon further review, I've found the reserve powercell is not consumed upon using it in combination with Concussive Round, which does not have an ammo cost either, as a result of my talent spec.

Edited by Hediori

• 2 weeks later...

it also uses itself after proccing HIB with ionic accelerator, which makes HIB free (and even gives you 1 ammo if the target is on fire)

honestly, it's probably not working as intended, but not a huge problem imo

it also uses itself after proccing HIB with ionic accelerator, which makes HIB free (and even gives you 1 ammo if the target is on fire)

honestly, it's probably not working as intended, but not a huge problem imo

Oh, so it's more a general problem of the ability itself ignoring -some- "free" abilities, but not all. Very curious.

But, like you said, it's not a a big issue, but it's something of a nuissance!