The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Balancing My Stats

Agthomson

I'm an end-game tank for my guild, and i'm just looking for the best way to progress my defensive stats. My headline numbers right now are:

HP: 23,449 (with class buff and stim)

Armor Rating: 8509

Damage Reduction: 53.07%

Defense Chance: 12.73%

Shield Chance: 51.41%

Shield Absorbtion: 51.81%

The general rule of thumb before was to get everything to 50%. But what next? Threat isn't a problem for me, so I don't need more Aim. I already do reasonable DPS (800 - 900). One thing healers have complained about is that I seem to take more "large hits" than our Assassin tank in the Zorn & Toth Hard Mode fight, but that's a side issue.

My gear consists of Full Supercommando Rakata, with the exception of an Augmented Head, Black Hole Mk1 Implants and Ears, and Campaign Legs. The Head has total stats of:

+108 Aim

+129 End

+69 Shield Rating

+12 Power

+10 Absorb Rating

+20 Defense

It's basically Rakata mods with the Shield Augment. My relics are the Experimental Shield Overcharger and the Columi (I know) relic of the Shrouded Crusader for the Shield boost.

My question basically comes as I have a few (75) BH comms, and can start getting BH gear from the vendor. My Rakata Boots have been upgraded with the mods from the boots that drop from Kephess, so the BH MK1 boots aren't an upgrade. I have Campaign Legs, so no upgrade there. The Gloves, Head and Shield all look like minimal upgrades at best. The Belt & Bracers are also a bit shoddy looking, but maybe i'm looking at the wrong stats!

Change out some mods/enhancements/augs and get back to the 50% mark and up your defense ratio. The problem you are seeing isn't that you are taking "larger" hits, it is because you are taking more hits than the Sin due to really low defense.

My stats:

Health: 25002 (with buffs, stim)

Damage Reduction: 53.78%

Defense: 15.63%

Shield: 51.17%

Absorb: 55.29%

For me, there are no real mods/enhancements to switch out to alter my stats right now. I can switch out augs, but I am testing some numbers with higher absorb values to see if the DR is really as sloped as it is.