Need Help With Let's Play Series

tehgreatness

Hello guys!

Some of you may have seen me on the Jung-Ma server, under the names Therdune (knight) and Breesh (trooper)

I'm wanting to start a let's play series, dealing with my entire legacy, spanning multiple characters and classes, but boy am I having some serious trouble.

For starters, when I upload videos to youtube, they keep getting flagged and pulled down for copyright. Apparently Fox is the one having an issue, I didn't even know that Fox was in any way affiliated with EA Games or Bioware. So that's a problem. I know for a fact people have let's plays on youtube of SWTOR, so there has to be a work away on this copyright thing.

I googled the issue, and one of the answers I've found was to apply for youtube partnership, which I did, and opted out of monitizing my let's plays, because SWTOR is copywritten. After having done that, I re-uploaded my video and went to work, only to come back home to see it got flagged and taken down again.

Is there any way to work with the copyright thing that you guys know of? I know people do it, I just want to do it myself as well.

Also, a lesser problem at this point it seems, the videos I have uploaded to youtube, for the brief time I got to check them out, they were pillar boxed. I'm using fraps premium to record my gameplay and external audio. I followed guides on how to record it right, it just doesn't seem to be working.

One video I watched to get rid of pillar boxing was to have another program to render my video into 720p and to stretch the video to fit the size, which make perfect sense... Tried it, and still got pillar boxed.

I'm having some serious issues here, hopefully someone on the forums is doing their own let's play and has already came up with solutions for these questions.

Thank you for reading!

Edited by tehgreatness

Let me start by saying I am in now way shape or form a lawyer and I am only going off past experience and the fact I am a youtube partner and the material below is provided for informational purposes only. It is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice, or a substitute for legal advice.

You can use in game footage under fair use. Fair use constitutes use off in game content for purposes of Teaching, Education, Comment, and Criticism. Fair use DOES NOT include you simply playing the game for long periods off time in things such as lets play. You will see lets play stuff on youtube but they are usually from big name people or community channels that have the rights to do so threw obtaining permission from the required companies. As for Fox doing the claim, I think you will find it has something to do with the music such as the intro music and parts in the game maybe. My advice would be to contact youtube directly and find out what part off the videos are causing it to get flagged and then simply don't have those parts in your videos.

See the below documentation

Youtube Video Game and Software Content Link:

http://support.google.com/youtube/bi...&answer=138161

Link to Section 107 "Fair Use": http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl102.html

Thank you so much, I will keep this bookmarked.

For now, I'm putting my LP series on hold, I've found as I've recorded stuff, all the things going on at once really bog down my computer, so I'll wait a few weeks until I can get my hands on a better rig.

In the meantime though, I'll start doing some footwork on contacting youtube and other things to see what I can come up with