Deception: Static Charge - 1st stack is broken

Qonor

Each stack (up to five) of static charge should result in 6% more damage for discharge's surging charge effects. Below are the damage ranges I'm actually seeing in Discharge's tooltip.

1349 - 1413 = stacks @ 0 (base damage of discharge)

1349 - 1413 = stacks @ 1 (should be 106% of base)

1510 - 1583 = stacks @ 2 (should be 112% of base)

1591 - 1667 = stacks @ 3 (should be 118% of base)

Not only is the tooltip broken for the 1st stack, but the actual damage is as well (i.e., I hit for 1403 with one stack of static charge).

Edited by Qonor

To say this in a non-math way...if you get unlucky in your rotation and only have one stack up when discharge is off cooldown and ready to be used, it's a waste to use it. You might as well have just used it off cooldown with 0 stacks. And since it's a dps loss to wait for more stacks, you're forced to wait for two stacks.

Each stack (up to five) of static charge should result in 6% more damage for discharge's surging charge effects. Below are the damage ranges I'm actually seeing in Discharge's tooltip.

1349 - 1413 = stacks @ 0 (base damage of discharge)

1349 - 1413 = stacks @ 1 (should be 106% of base)

1510 - 1583 = stacks @ 2 (should be 112% of base)

1591 - 1667 = stacks @ 3 (should be 118% of base)

Not only is the tooltip broken for the 1st stack, but the actual damage is as well (i.e., I hit for 1403 with one stack of static charge).

i never noticed i read u want to use it on cooldown so i don't look at my stacks

Hmmm, tooltip now says nothing about discharge

When your Surging Charge deals damage, you have a 100% chance to build a Static Charge, increasing the damage dealt by the next Surging Charge by 6%. Stacks up to 5 times
Edited by ForeverYoung

Hmmm, tooltip now says nothing about discharge

When your Surging Charge deals damage, you have a 100% chance to build a Static Charge, increasing the damage dealt by the next Surging Charge by 6%. Stacks up to 5 times.

The tooltip is known to be wrong and should say discharge. See for yourself. Watch your damage range of discharge change from 0 to 2, to 3, to 4, to 5 stacks. But from 0 to 1 there is no change. Basically, if you happen to have one charge up, it will give you the same damage as if you had none. And since it's best to use it on cooldown, it's very common to have 1 stack on.

Edited by Qonor

• 3 weeks later...