EA/Tor layoff's

LadyRaven

http://www.gamespot.com/news/bioware-lays-off-part-of-star-wars-the-old-republic-team-6378106

I am not surprised since Tor is only more important than golf.

"The Old Republic is in EA’s top 10 franchises in terms of profitability, “but it’s not in our top five”. “So it’s a business contributor, while important, is not as important as Medal of Honor or Battlefield or FIFA or Madden or The Sims or SimCity, but it’s more important than Tiger Woods PGA Golf.” -EA CEO John Riccitiello

What will this mean for the game going forward? Any thoughts?

The game will be fine. It is still a baby in the MMO world and has time to grow into what most of us hope is a great game. Personally I think things are going well considering the age and how fickle we are as people. No game is perfect. Every game has flaws and bugs. No game will satisfy everyone.

I think when an update or expansion is due, they will bring in people to help, then let them go or place them on other projects once done. I hear it is rather common in the gaming world. 1.3 Million people still playing and the game has not yet settled.

Like in Football (soccer) it takes some time to settle down and play the way you want. You need to make adjustments and change things up from time to time but the key is to settle and do what you do best. :D

The game will be fine. It is still a baby in the MMO world and has time to grow into what most of us hope is a great game. Personally I think things are going well considering the age and how fickle we are as people. No game is perfect. Every game has flaws and bugs. No game will satisfy everyone.

I think when an update or expansion is due, they will bring in people to help, then let them go or place them on other projects once done. I hear it is rather common in the gaming world. 1.3 Million people still playing and the game has not yet settled.

Like in Football (soccer) it takes some time to settle down and play the way you want. You need to make adjustments and change things up from time to time but the key is to settle and do what you do best. :D

Might be a baby MMO but laying off staff 6months after coming out isnt a great sign, was reading this also on reddit tho im not sure if its 100% real.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comme...bioware_swtor/

I'm not surprised the layoffs didn't happen sooner. Getting the game this far required far more people than it will take to create additional content in the future. Bug fixes, a FP here and there, a few new features, even expansions would never need the staff it takes to get the original game produced. EA probably has a corporate culture of handing out promotions and pink slips right after every product launch. Microsoft and Nintendo have been doing just that for 20+ years.