RP/Social Flaws/Idea's

Forauth

[it does not take long to tell that the game currently is suffering from a severe lack of emotes and RP area's. Many roleplayers that I associate with are having a terribly hard time enjoying RP in game due to being dissapointed by the few emote effects that are provided by Bioware, myself included. It's triggering quite a few gamers to seek out SWG emulator servers and all around is quite negative as it causes discontent and bad business for Bioware. It would definitely improve player morale if Bioware were to insert new emote packages and special new additions to game. Here's an example:

Private and Public Player Holocoms:

These would work very nicely for RP and communication. Every player has his or her own personal communicator with a visual holocom in hand or full size player holocall effect that shows the calling player on the holocom or floor.. not just a default character like in the legacy emote for the hand holocom. The public communicator could possibly have a 10 - 15m radius of chat area, so that when the player on the holocom speaks anyone within that area hears it. The private communicator would still have the public visual effect, but chat would be restricted to groups of players. Anyone who gets a call on their communicator will be able to just take it themselves, or share it with the group unless the group leader chooses an option to disable group holocom calls. 1 on 1 calls may be considered of a waste of graphics by some, but honestly it definitely would add flavor to player communication.

As for regular effects, SWG had multiple versions of bowing, laughing, cowering, dancing, expressing emotions, etc. This would make RP alot more realistic for those involved, and give RP'rs more reason to choose Tor as their realm for RP.

My last idea for RP is, like guild ships that will be introduced to the game, guild/group RP area's. Redecorated versions of things like the Korriban Academy, the Dark Temple, spirit would area's like on Voss, the Coruscant senate building, etc. It is hard to RP with NPC interference, or at least the ones not wanted. If guilds or groups wanted to put specific NPC's into the rooms for story or combat, then they could have an option to place them down.

I'd greatly like to see some feedback on this, and I hope that if a developer see's this he or she acknowledges the increasing demand for better RP enviroments.

Edited by Forauth

It does not take long to tell that the game currently is suffering from a severe lack of emotes and RP area's. Many roleplayers that I associate with are having a terribly hard time enjoying RP in game due to being dissapointed by the few emote effects that are provided by Bioware, myself included. It's triggering quite a few gamers to seek out SWG emulator servers and all around is quite negative as it causes discontent and bad business for Bioware. It would definitely improve player morale if Bioware were to insert new emote packages and special new additions to game. Here's an example:

The first noticable flaw here; is the neigh unreadable post color.

On a more serious note; I believe it was mentioned that guild-ships were a plan point for the future. One of which I can hardly wait for. In the mean time; I will agree that social fluff and areas are severely lacking.

I remember questing through Voss; and finding a Tea House as part of my class' story. I didn't want to leave; for the simple fact that the building is story-quest instanced and once I left I could never return.