The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Vanguard Tank & Accuracy...

Daskillz

Hey guys I am a Vanguard Tank mostly Rakatta geared and 3 piece black hole.

I find myself very strict about having enough accuracy to stay near hit cap. (at 99.39% now)

I am noticing that the new gear really just lacks accuracy. Is there something I am missing here or is accuracy not as important with threat as I think it is. Can any experianced Vanguard Tanks enlighten me on how their threat is and how much Accuracy Rating they have.

I've read some guides that say that accuracy is important but from the looks of the itemization and looking at other Vanguard tanks on the server I am seeing that it is not as important as you'd think.

You mostly use tech abilities, wich always hit anyway. I think you look at ranged abilities wich is only High Impact Bolt and Full Auto and i think you use them all that often when tanking.

As the previous poster said, we use mostly tech attacks and elemental damage, which don't miss all that often.

As for HiB / Full auto, even if they miss, it doesn't really matter: your job is to keep the boss' attention while mitigating as much damage as possible.

Aggro in this game is based on spamming your taunts as much as possible, (taunt in the game puts you at 10-30% above the top threat, even if that top threat is your own) and accuracy won't give you mitigation.

So get rid of it asap on tank gear. Rakata in particular is very badly itemised with it, when I first got that, I replaced the accuracy enhancements with the columi ones, and later with lvl 58 drops from HM / Nightmare.

Edited by Fdzzaigl

Accuracy is nearly completely useless to a Vanguard. Get rid of it whenever possible. Only ranged attacks really benefit from it, and the Vanguard has only three: hammer shot, high impact bolt, and full auto. The only one of those that is of any importance is HIB, and it's not worth it for one ability.