Jedi Sentinel PVP.. Your thoughts

Donniemac

I find this class difficult to play in PVP particularly. While the focus is on doing damage and knowing your rotation most other classes have enough counters that stuns you dead time and time again. Does it get better at higher levels ? Im 42 now and im just not having fun with it..

What is the best build ? is there a clear cut answer ? I see so many differing opinions.. I tried the watchman build which is heavy DOT and now trying the focus spec.. and someone was saying today that combat was the way to go.. While my focus is on PVP and leveling atm, I do plan on raiding in the future as well.

And in your opinion since the class doesnt offer any knockbacks , or pulls.. do you think they should be at least a little bit faster in combat. and in your opinion are the cooldowns too long ? Any constructive advice would be appreciated..

most other classes have enough counters that stuns you dead time and time again.

You have a massive amount of defensive tools.Most classes have not enough tools to counter all of them.

Hence all the nerf Sentinel/Marauder threads.

You didn´t chose the easiest class.

Timing and keybinding is essential for the amount of reactive skills you have.

Snipers are the bane of your existance.

Does it get better at higher levels ? Im 42 now and im just not having fun with it.. .

You already have most of the important tools.

And in your opinion since the class doesnt offer any knockbacks , or pulls.. do you think they should be at least a little bit faster in combat.

You have a speedbuff.Once you are 50 you get Valorous call which gives you 30 stacks of centering on demand.

Ataru form has an additional passive Speedbuff.

and in your opinion are the cooldowns too long ?

In my opinion the cooldowns are too short..

Edited by Sabredance

Combat is the support spec, focus is for people who just like to see big numbers and watchman is the spec the vast majority of good pvpers are and typical build would be 33/8/0.

As a sentinel i have more fun in pvp than any other class i've played with.

Edited by Fracta

Combat is the support spec, focus is for people who just like to see big numbers and watchman is the spec the vast majority of good pvpers are and typical build would be 33/8/0.

As a sentinel i have more fun in pvp than any other class i've played with.

Well I did notice a difference between the two specs.. and so far the focus spec has been less than desirable. I'm looking for one thing.. Productive survivability. Would you mind sharing your watchman build Ive probaby seen similar ones but I'd like your take on it. If you dont mind.

I'm no stranger to melee classes in general but with no genuine way to measure one against the other aside from damage done as is counted in PVP matches as well as kill / death ratio.. I have noticed a distinct difference.