Some thoughts about legacy gear.

spatnatz

Do forgive me if some of these topics have already been discussed, this is one of my first times posting on the forums. I also wasn't sure which forum to post this under.

It's great that legacy gear is bound to legacy, but what's the use if it's also restricted to a specific class? This goes for both the orange items you buy with credits, and the dark blue that you use legacy pieces for. It would be nice to be able to use the legacy gear on both my Sage and my Assassin, for example.

If I made a Shadow just to make use of the legacy gear, then I'm cheating myself out of getting to play one of the other base classes on my server (since I can only have 8). In my case, it'd mean that I wouldn't have room to add a Jedi Knight character.

And to add to that, the legacy gear isn't upgradable either--I'm sure there have been plenty of complaints about that. Therefore you're usually not able to keep legacy gear for more than 3-5 levels before they become obsolete.

And of course, due to the class restrictions, companions can't equip those things either.

So basically, I'm not able to take much advantage of legacy gear unless I basically double-up on one class and cheat myself out of getting a legacy power and companion presence bonuses for one of the other classes (again, in my case that would be for the Jedi Knight).

With all this in mind, I feel like at least one of two things would need to happen to fully exploit the benefits of legacy gear:

-- Increase the amount of allowed characters on the server, to maybe 10 or 12. That way, players can have at least a couple other characters that are "doubled up", be able to use legacy gear on both, and not feel cheated out of the bonuses that they would have gotten from playing a new class (instead of one they'd played before).

-- Remove the class restrictions on legacy gear. Or, if there are squabbles about adding those items to companions within a player's legacy, you could simply add compatibility for both versions of the class (for example, my consular gear would also be wearable by sith inquisitors).

Any thoughts on this whole rant?

Legacy custom gear for 10 and 20 lvl Legacy must be:

1. Augumented

2. Save set bonuses PvP (Battlemaster) or PvE (Rakata) with put its mods in it

Without these things legacy gear absolutely useless in spite of good looks.

With 1.3, you will be able to augment the level 10 and 20 orange gear. I have the full consular exalted in anticipation of that day. As for the Battlemaster and Rakata set bonuses, you're out of luck. You CAN put War Hero and Campaign into them. But no gear created prior to 1.2 carries the set bonuses on the armoring. Any orange gear would and does have that problem, so I fail to see why it makes it any more useless than another orange shell.....and I personally like the exalted look for my main's class.

I TOTALLY agree with the OP that the Birthright gear, not the orange moddable, should be non-class specific. Barring that, perhaps give each kit a number of charges. That would make them more worthwhile, as currently I can't see putting the effort into getting the kits at the daily comms cost (why grind more than you have to), and I have never yet seen a kit drop. Though a guildie had one drop. One. In my entire guild. They might look into that, if the kits dropped more frequently as random world drops, we'd be much more likely to be happy about using them.