pve sets.

slowantics

I'm still uncertain of this myself. I have heard that Strength is key until it reaches ~1800. After that you start getting diminishing returns and should focus on Crit, Power, Surge etc.

Anyone with more info or testing? Would love to know what to start looking at beyond 1800 Strength.

Ok spent some time moving some mods around to get the highest amount of strength I could to see what the DRs look like.

I did total amount of Stregnth divided by mainhand damage. For the sake of humanity I rounded the numbers. Points per damage is how many points of strength you need for 1 point of damage. The + numbers in parenthesis is the difference from the previous number. My main hand has a level 58 hilt. I wasn't able to get exact increments of 100, but hopefully this helps.

edit: To go a step further, I added a section in brackets that is the difference in strength from the previous numbers.

Str - Damage (Pri) - Points per Damage - Str Difference

1000 / 746 = 1.34

1157 / 785 = 1.43 (+0.09) [+157]

1264 / 824 = 1.53 (+0.10) [+107]

1354 / 826 = 1.64 (+0.11) [+90]

1444 / 863 = 1.67 (+0.05) [+90]

1562 / 890 = 1.76 (+0.09) [+118]

1633 / 891 = 1.83 (+0.07) [+71]

1724 / 924 = 1.87 (+0.04) [+91]

1844 / 950 = 1.94 (+0.07) [+120]

1990 / 1000 = 1.99 (+0.05) [+146]

Edited by MOUSEKETEERS

Ok spent some time moving some mods around to get the highest amount of strength I could to see what the DRs look like.

I did total amount of Stregnth divided by mainhand damage. For the sake of humanity I rounded the numbers. Points per damage is how many points of strength you need for 1 point of damage. The + numbers in parenthesis is the difference from the previous number. My main hand has a level 58 hilt. I wasn't able to get exact increments of 100, but hopefully this helps.

edit: To go a step further, I added a section in brackets that is the difference in strength from the previous numbers.

Str - Damage (Pri) - Points per Damage - Str Difference

1000 / 746 = 1.34

1157 / 785 = 1.43 (+0.09) [+157]

1264 / 824 = 1.53 (+0.10) [+107]

1354 / 826 = 1.64 (+0.11) [+90]

1444 / 863 = 1.67 (+0.05) [+90]

1562 / 890 = 1.76 (+0.09) [+118]

1633 / 891 = 1.83 (+0.07) [+71]

1724 / 924 = 1.87 (+0.04) [+91]

1844 / 950 = 1.94 (+0.07) [+120]

1990 / 1000 = 1.99 (+0.05) [+146]

Pls explain what does that mean exactly?

How many points of Strength you need to increase the damage of your mainhand by 1 point, and the level of diminishing return.

No it does not. You not only ignored base weapon damage, but also your gathered data doesn't make any sense at all(suddenly 1 weapon damage for 71 Str?)

Edited by Elear

No it does not. You not only ignored base weapon damage, but also your gathered data doesn't make any sense at all(suddenly 1 weapon damage for 71 Str?)

Perhaps I did not explain it clearly enough.

First, I stated all of the numbers are based on a level 58 hilt which dictates base weapon damage. After that, base weapon damage is a moot point because that was not my goal, my goal was to show how many points of strength are needed to translate to one point of maximum primary weapon damage and how it scales.

Going from left to right, the first number is total strength, the second number is maximum primary weapon damage, the third number is the amount of points of strength needed per point of damage, the fourth number is the difference from the previous amount of strength needed per point of damage, and the fifth number is the increase in amount of strength from the previous total.

Perhaps I did not explain it clearly enough.

Perhaps I should put it bluntly: There is no DR for bonus damage from Str before 1800, and even if there is after it's minimal. End of story. There is DR on crit from Str, but it's not what you were trying to show.

5 Str give 1 Bonus Damage. 1 Bonus Damage increaes weapon damage by 1. It's true at 800 Str, it's true at 1400 Str, and it's true at 1700 Str. Anyone can see this by simply looking at stats on their character sheet.

EDIT

Whatever, I'll let you play with your delusions.

Edited by Elear

Bonus damage =/= Mainhand weapon damage.

Bonus damage is damage added additionally to your attacks.

And Strength most definitely has a diminishing return before you reach 1800, the numbers do not lie. You can clearly see each point of Strength returning less Mainhand weapon damage.

Strength will always give a flat bonus of 0.2 bonus damage.

Edited by MOUSEKETEERS

"Mainhand Weapon Damage" is calculated by adding two values: "Base Weapon Damage" (determined by the level of the hilt) and "Melee Damage Bonus". "Melee Damage Bonus" is your Strength multiplied by 0.2, plus your Power multiplied by 0.23, and then that sum multiplied by 1.05 if you have Force Might active.

That means +100 Strength is always +20 "Mainhand Weapon Damage" if you keep the same Power and hilt, and +100 Power is always +23 "Mainhand Weapon Damage" if you keep the same Strength and hilt. There are no diminishing returns on these values.

As a side note, the value displayed as "Mainhand Weapon Damage" has no real relation to how ability damage values are actually calculated. All abilities have separate multipliers for Base Weapon Damage and Bonus Damage, so increasing your "Mainhand Weapon Damage" by 1% does not correlate to a 1% increase in your overall damage.

Edited by iakona

"Mainhand Weapon Damage" is calculated by adding two values: "Base Weapon Damage" (determined by the level of the hilt) and "Melee Damage Bonus". "Melee Damage Bonus" is your Strength multiplied by 0.2, plus your Power multiplied by 0.23, and then that sum multiplied by 1.05 if you have Force Might active.

That means +100 Strength is always +20 "Mainhand Weapon Damage" if you keep the same Power and hilt, and +100 Power is always +23 "Mainhand Weapon Damage" if you keep the same Strength and hilt. There are no diminishing returns on these values.

As a side note, the value displayed as "Mainhand Weapon Damage" has no real relation to how ability damage values are actually calculated. All abilities have separate multipliers for Base Weapon Damage and Bonus Damage, so increasing your "Mainhand Weapon Damage" by 1% does not correlate to a 1% increase in your overall damage.

Do you multiply all the strength and power in the saber, or just the hilt?

Do you multiply all the strength and power in the saber, or just the hilt?

It's your total Strength and total Power from all your gear/buffs, which can be seen by hovering over the "Bonus Damage" value in the character sheet under the Melee tab. The amount added from Force Might buff can also be seen in the same place.