Kinrath Spider Server@ 3:45 server time

kithsyn

So it is becoming more and more evident that there are too many servers for the little over million players on SWTOR.

For example, today at the time above there were between 5-15 players on my server at the fleet.

Pre Diablo there were around 30-40 at that time and a modest 60-75 at prime time in fleet (imp).

Since diablo 3 there have been around 10-20 during prime time.

Does anyone know if they will be giving free transfers anytime soon? I heard rumors about 1.3 but can this issue wait?

I'm worried more will leave unless they address it soon. Virtually impossible to find a pug to run HMs.

Thanks for any links or evidence that the devs are addressing this.

Edited by kithsyn

Oh! A new subject! Kidding...

Free transfers before 1.3., in early summer. More informations next week, apparently.

Upcoming possible replies = too late... the servers are dead... don't care, too occupied to play mmo X... I know what you mean my server X is like yours... fail... I love cupcakes... disappointed by 1.2... all my friends left... my guild's dead... so what, reroll? whaaa?! that's stuuupid!!!... I told you so...

Edited by Sammm

Hello kithsyn,

We have several tools available to help everyone track the latest updates from our development team. The first is our Developer Tracker, which lists the latest posts from developers, as well as our Community Managers and Coordinators.

Secondly, our new Community Blog hosts news, maintenance reminders, and in-depth posts from developers as well. Our community blog also hosts our Q&A's which answer a number of questions from the community.

Of interest to you, will be these answers from Dallas Dickinson Senior Producer, Live Services in the April 27th, Q&A:

http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-april-27th-2012

Arymono: When will character transfers be available for everybody?

Dallas Dickinson (Senior Producer, Live Services): We will be rolling out our Character Transfer Service in early summer. First we’ll have some targeted free transfers from/to specific servers, but that will be followed with a broader system where you can either take advantage of free promotional transfers to specific servers or paid transfers to the server of your choice. We know everyone has more questions about character transfer, and we’ll reveal more details closer to the launch date.

DrakeAssaShin: What is being done to address low population servers?

Dallas: The Character Transfer Service, as mentioned above, will be offering free transfers from/to specific servers. This should allow the most motivated players to get onto a higher population server.

We hope that helps! Please check out our Developer Tracker and Community Blog frequently for the latest information regarding Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

We're going to close this thread now and ask that you please continue your discussion in our ongoing thread in General Discussion which you can find here:

FREE Character Transfers are Coming!

Thank you!