Does Focus get a fair test with the Dummies?

Leagueofone

It seems that all the DPS calculations from the dummy would be fairly lower than actuality due to Force Leap/Zealous leap being a very large part of the rotation to set up the auto crit sweeps. Seems that bouncing to target to target is more in line with Focus than just straight up single target DPS.

I'm a Watchman Sentinel (experimenting with Combat every now and then when I feel like ****ting it up a bit) but I've always thought that Focus could be fun.

Are their any Focus Sents out there that could help me understand the damage output in PVP a bit more?

what if your fighting a Sentinel 1v1 and can't leap them? or a Sniper?

No, you're not gimped.

And tbh, the dummies are just to see average DPS over x time, or to see how stuff hits for.. it doesn't simulate real combat.

The calculations will always be lower, since ops dummies aren't at < 30% HP and also aren't debuffed.

In an Op you will always do more damage for the two reasons above.

Think of the dummy as your worst damage possibly done (to a static boss, of course)

Edited by CivicTiger

I can't say much about the training dummy, but as a focus Sentinel, PvP damage tends to be skewed. Focus is great for dropping 4-5k Force Sweeps into a group of enemies protecting a target (door in Voidstar etc.) But if you get say 4-5 of them, your overall damage would spike to 20k+ in a single hit. I would imagine it is more lackluster on the training dummy (though I can't speak from experience).