Our Choice On Server

wildwolfs

For those of us that pre-orderd this game and took part in the pre-launch guild programme and now find them selfs stuck on dead or dieing servers due to no fault of there own i would expect at the very least free transfer to a server of OUR choice, and not be stung with being charged with a move to a server of our choice later. Dont forget, we did not choose our servers bioware did that for guilds pre-launch and we certainley had nothing to do with the shall we say hick-ups in the game that have created the current situation on a large ammount of servers.

For those of us that pre-orderd this game and took part in the pre-launch guild programme and now find them selfs stuck on dead or dieing servers due to no fault of there own i would expect at the very least free transfer to a server of OUR choice, and not be stung with being charged with a move to a server of our choice later. Dont forget, we did not choose our servers bioware did that for guilds pre-launch and we certainley had nothing to do with the shall we say hick-ups in the game that have created the current situation on a large ammount of servers.

They will be giving you a list of servers we can transfer to. Letting people just pick whichever server they want is not reasonable, they want to get multiple strong servers going, not have 1 server that runs with 4 hour queues ....

They also need to make it so you can transfer your entire guild... I will be beyond bent if they merge servers and we lose everything we have worked for in our guild.

This is probably the reason they have not offered server transfers yet, they need to make sure issues like same names/name changing work, guilds can move without them losing stuff/members, legacy moves properly, etc ...

Most MMOs that offer server transfers only worry about moving a single character, not entire guilds.

Edited by Balrizangor

Most MMOs that offer server transfers only worry about moving a single character, not entire guilds.

Rift lets you move a guild free. You have to take everything out of the guild bank prior, and when people log on their characters they're informed the guild has moved to the new server, giving people a chance to get their mail and auctions out of the way before clicking "rejoin my guild" on the character transfer page.

I thought they said that they would allow free transfers off high-population servers onto low population servers and then charge people if they left a low-population server to go to a higher population server.

Of course, who in their right mind would leave a high population server?