Best Server to Move to Pub/PvP

Rogozhi

Hey all!

Decided to re-roll a Republic toon and was wondering what's a really great server to be on. I would roll on The Fatman, but I worry about queues and adding to a population problem. Choice number two would be The Swiftsure, but Torstatus is showing it not cracking above Standard at any point in time. No RP, but PvE would be fine if there is an active WZ population.

Thanks!

Hello there my friend I asked the same thing two days ago ( http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=455931) ... and after doing some serious thinking your best option is indeed "the fatman", trust me... and BTW about the community on both imp and rep you have the typical trols, barren chat , etc... but theres also lot of good people ... so welcome to "the fatman" you wont regret it ... and about adding queue time, dont worry it isn't thad bad at all... hope to see you on the server.

Take Care

Decided to re-roll a Republic toon and was wondering what's a really great server to be on. I would roll on The Fatman, but I worry about queues and adding to a population problem. Choice number two would be The Swiftsure, but Torstatus is showing it not cracking above Standard at any point in time. No RP, but PvE would be fine if there is an active WZ population.

If by "really great" you mean "has frequent warzones" then you need two things 1) sufficient population and 2) population that's interested in WZ.

#1 you can find from torstatus, so you're doing the right thing there.

#2 is much harder to judge. Might be worth spending a long afternoon levelling to 11 on your chose server to see what fleet/warzones are like.

Also looking for guilds on the server you're interested in - if there is a bountiful plethora of PvP-focussed guilds, that's a good sign. Try the Ideal Guild Quiz: http://www.tortools.com/quiz

As far as RP servers... there are only 3 RP-PvP servers... and Ajunta Pall and Jung Ma both have a phi population value on torstatus above 1.4. That puts them in the top 10 most populated servers. You might give one of them a shot. You're not *required* to RP... you just have to not harass the people that are RPing.

Paige

Edited by Scorpienne

The Krayt Dragon server has a fairly tight-knit group of experienced Republic players that regularly queue up for PvP. At peak times, the queues are around 3-7 mins and I'd say that I win a little bit more than 50% of the time. Anywhere from 25 people at non-peak hours to around 70 people at peak on the Republic fleet. However, Empire side there are quite a bit more people. We're not exactly Fatman size, but this server is definitely not dead and there are active end-game raiding guilds on both factions.