The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PVE Gear - Level 40?

Popovellis

Running a Vanguard at full SS at the moment but not sure what gear I should be using to maximise my full potential.

At the moment I'm using a mix of orange gear (apart from bracers/belt), with mainly purple mods, is it worth grabbing the level 40 PVP gear (I mainly PVE but do dabble in WZ's). Is it useful for PVE?

Just looking for some helpful input from the community

Running a Vanguard at full SS at the moment but not sure what gear I should be using to maximise my full potential.

At the moment I'm using a mix of orange gear (apart from bracers/belt), with mainly purple mods, is it worth grabbing the level 40 PVP gear (I mainly PVE but do dabble in WZ's). Is it useful for PVE?

Just looking for some helpful input from the community

It's reasonably good gear for the level. If you craft your own gear, you'll be able to replace it quickly. However, if you get gear from quests and commendations, your PvP gear will last for quite a while. I wouldn't take a ton of time out of PvE to get the WZ commendations, but if you occasionally PvP then it's worth buying.

Pre-50 PvP gear is just as good for PvE as it is PvP. It's only at 50 when you find expertise on lots of things that you find a real difference between the two.