Sabre Strike Miss-a-palooza!

CharlieBrown

Hey everyone, tankassin here with a typical 31/0/10 build. I was looking over my log for a pug KP HM I ran this weekend and notice I have a very high miss rate on Sabre Strike ... but that's it.

I don't exactly understand how or why, but that seems to be the only ability that I register so many misses for. Check it out:

#	Ability			Uses	Hits		Crits		Avoids %		Avoids
1	Shock			36		51		15		0.0%		0
2	Wither			34		41		4		0.0%		0
3	Saber Strike		60		180		41		16.1%		29
4	Discharge		19		29		3		0.0%		0
5	Force Lightning	7		21		10		0.0%		0
6	Assassinate		8		8		3		0.0%		0
7	Dark Charge		1		71		16		0.0%		0
8	Thrash			8		16		7		0.0%		0
9	Mind Control		10		0		0		0.0%		0
10	Targeted			1		0		0		0.0%		0
11	TOTAL			184		417		99		7.0%		29

At the time I was just over 100% accuracy (100.84% I believe). Is anyone else seeing this in their logs?

At the time, my Basic Accuracy was ~100.8%, and my Special Attacks accuracy was at ~110.8%. I'm baffled as to why Sabre strike is missing so much. It's the only ability that missed at all.

You can stop being baffled. Saber strike is not "special" it has the base accuracy listed on the melee tab. Thrash and Assassinate are special attacks and have the +10% to hit. Everything else you used is force and doesn't miss. Basically the thing you fought has around 15% avoid chance and you were lucky enough to not have any thrashes/assassinates fall into the bad 5% (15 - 10 = 5).

I see, for whatever misguided reason I was lead to believe that 100% standard accuracy was all that's required for raid bosses. The above was from our Karagga kill in HM KP.

It seems that accuracy is pretty much devalued anyway, unless mechanics change. Thanks!

• 3 months later...
i have this same problem but with shadow strike. so are you guys saying that saber is melee...not force...and that it's not affected by accuracy?

Yep, that's exactly it! When I look through my logs I see a high miss rate for Sabre Strike, Thrash (though I almost never use Thrash), Lacerate (trash mobs) and Assassinate, which makes sense since they're not force or tech attacks.

Everything else I use has a 0% miss rate, as listed above. Here's a sample log:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/combatlog/be368f80-ed4d-41b5-8d25-24d146a146ac/player/1#d=0,b=1

Kind of an old thread, not sure what your stats are looking like now...but I would suggest dumping all your accuracy if you're a tank assassin.

Sure you'll miss a little more but you'll easily be able to hold aggro and thats 200 some odd points you can put into defense or something.

Just my 2 cents.

:cool:

Yeah, I've long since dumped all of my accuracy. At the time I posted I couldn't find someone just flat out saying "Tanks do not need accuracy, at all" so I was reluctant to switch out until I looked through this log. Too many reviews and FAQs were wishy washy on the subject of accuracy (e.g. "Well, it can help if you're using Lacerate and Thrash often as blah blah blah stupid way to tank").

I was initially concerned about threat, but that quickly became a thing of the past. Now I just need to decide between a second defense relic to redistribute my mods for additional mitigation, or to go with a healing relic and bring up total endurance.

When I look at the high endurance from the campaign enhancements and read the dev post saying "Terror from Beyond hard mode will be balanced for players in full campaign gear" it makes me think I may need to switch entirely to high endurance enhancements.

Yep, that's exactly it! When I look through my logs I see a high miss rate for Sabre Strike, Thrash (though I almost never use Thrash), Lacerate (trash mobs) and Assassinate, which makes sense since they're not force or tech attacks.

Everything else I use has a 0% miss rate, as listed above. Here's a sample log:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/combatlog/be368f80-ed4d-41b5-8d25-24d146a146ac/player/1#d=0,b=1

Man that's cool. I need to get my askmrrobot combat log to work. it never works for me. i use act at the moment.