To my fellow endgame Gunnery Commando's

Freeborne

Are you having problems letting go of your Rakata set piece bonuses? I took the plunge last night and lost my 4 piece bonus. I already miss having free HiBs.

It appears that Rakata Armor Chest and Feet Armor Mods give more Aim than their Black Hole Counter parts. So I think we safely keep our 2 piece set bonus as we gear up until we get some Campaign gear.

How are you picking and choosing between your Black Hole and rakata mod/enhancements though?

Well for my sage it was easy....not having to wear a wedding dress > any set bonus you could come up with. Plus there, having 3 additional augment slots (don't PvP, so no augmented boots or gloves for me atm) pretty much makes up for the loss of the set bonus.

For my commando, I don't think I'll be giving up my set bonus. I don't actually have any BH or Campaign gear yet (he's an alt, so gets out less), but when I do acquire some, the mods will be pulled and placed into my Rakata shells.

In fact, I don't understand why you don't do this? The commando rakata (even columi) gear looks great, providing you hide your helmet! It is expensive to extract the mods....120-150k per piece, but since the set bonus is on the shells, and all the stats are on the armorings/mods/enhancements, there is really no reason to give up the set bonus, unless you really want augment slots.

Edited by NoFishing

I don't give up my set bonus. They're way too good. I pull the armorings, mods, and enhancements out the blackhole gear I get and put it in my Rakata gear. For the most part the enhancements are a direct upgrade, the armorings I've actually gotten have been an upgrade, and I think the mods with like 53 Aim and 41 power are worth putting in over the mods with 61 Aim and 11 power, but that's just my opinion atm.

I don't give up my set bonus. They're way too good. I pull the armorings, mods, and enhancements out the blackhole gear I get and put it in my Rakata gear. For the most part the enhancements are a direct upgrade, the armorings I've actually gotten have been an upgrade, and I think the mods with like 53 Aim and 41 power are worth putting in over the mods with 61 Aim and 11 power, but that's just my opinion atm.

Not just your opinion. 1pt of Aim is just about equal to 1pt of Power, so 53 Aim + 41 Power = 94, vs 61 Aim + 11 Power = 72. I'd make the same choice, every time.