a dead horse.. but i am kicking it anyways.

TheEvilEeyore

So story time... It's Novare Coast. I am on my way back to south from west where i went to helm a push. out of nowhere a wild sent appears out of stealth. it should be noted that i just used my force speed, and force stun helping west so i can't run away from his ravage, and thanks to the REDICULOUS range of the melee ability i take 2 swings as i am terminator walking away.

i have 1163 expertise so that's 18.17% damage reduction

I have removed all the crap from the log.. the important bits remain unchanged

[21:44:30.250] [@Sent] [@me] [Ravage] [Damage ] (2546* energy )

[21:44:30.251] [@Sent] [@me] [Ravage] Damage ] (387* energy )

[21:44:30.546] [@Sent] [@me] [Ravage] [Damage ] (2541* energy)

[21:44:30.546] [@Sent] [@me] [Ravage] [Damage ] (0 -parry ) (5474) Ravage opening hit.

[21:44:30.846] [@Me] [@Sent] [sever Force] [RemoveEffect : Immobilized (Force) ]

[21:44:31.846] [@Me] [@sent] [sever Force (Force)] [Damage ] (252 internal )

[21:44:32.737] [@Sent] [@me] [Ravage ] [Damage ] (5074* energy)

[21:44:32.738] [@Sent] [@me] [Ravage ] [Damage] (652 energy ) (5726) Second hit, i finally get out of range

[21:44:33.043] [@Sent] [@me] [Force Charge ] [ApplyEffect : Immobilized] Yay snared again from his leap

[21:44:34.044] [@Sent] [@me] [Force Charge ] [Damage ] (976 energy )

[21:44:34.888] [@me] [@sent] [sever Force (Force) ] [ Damage ] (252 internal )

[21:44:35.169] [@Sent] [@me] [Force Charge] [RemoveEffect : Immobilized ] )

[21:44:35.595] [@Sent] [@me][Vicious Throw ] [ApplyEffect : Damage ] (3100 energy ) ( 4076) execute+leap

Damage breakdown:

Ravage: 11,200 with only 2 of 3 hits..

Force Charge: 976 no surprise this is a gap closer

Vicious throw: 3100 yay for finishers.

3 globals = 15,276 damage.

Edited by TheEvilEeyore

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 globals (2 for ravage, 1 for leap, 1 for execute), and that's all three hits of Ravage. Other classes can do similar burst when given similar buffs (power relic/expertise stim).

eh most classes have to do more than hit one button to do 15k uninterrupted damage.

4 globals (2 for ravage, 1 for leap, 1 for execute), and that's all three hits of Ravage. Other classes can do similar burst when given similar buffs (power relic/expertise stim).

so the first 2 hits of ravage hit within 0.296 seconds? that's cute.

also. show me one log of anotehr class doing 15k+ damage in 5 seconds.

eh most classes have to do more than hit one button to do 15k uninterrupted damage.

It's 11k for that one button that followed 4 buttons (relic, adrenal, snare, focus builder for snare), but sure, don't use a stun or knockback. Just eat it. In its old form, Ravage was absolutely useless. In it's new form, it's actually meaningful and must be reacted to.

from what I see the sentinel perfectly timed the gank for after you burned all your cooldowns that are your life-prolongers, you were dead no matter what in this fight and I don't care what class you're fighting as long as its a dPS spec.

These threads are useless. I know maras are stupidly OPed, you know it, everybody who PvPs a bit knows it, except... obviously... those who play the FOTM class.

Honestly if Bioware doesn't know how stupid the situation has become, more threads won't change anything.

These threads are useless. I know maras are stupidly OPed, you know it, everybody who PvPs a bit knows it, except... obviously... those who play the FOTM class.

Honestly if Bioware doesn't know how stupid the situation has become, more threads won't change anything.

I'm not putting forward an opinion for or against the marauder in terms of power. I'm just saying the OP got the perfect storm of bad timing. Blown CC, force speed burned for transit purposes, and the marauder/sent or whatev opened from stealth granting a first strike advantage. You give those benefits to pretty much any other DPS class and it should be a guaranteed kill on pretty much any sorceror, especially since the sentinel was in the position of having their adrenals and relics off CD (hence the increased burst)

from what I see the sentinel perfectly timed the gank for after you burned all your cooldowns that are your life-prolongers, you were dead no matter what in this fight and I don't care what class you're fighting as long as its a dPS spec.

this right here is what is wrong. "life-prolongers". lets say i did have my abilities up..

Stun him after first hit.. still took 5.4k dmg.

Force speed, oh yeah sentinal has a nice little counter for that.. Force choke.

Force leap resume ****** me.

I rarely see people post actually number.. all i see is "oh no a marauder stole my lunch money". followed by FOTM players "we aren't that op just use all of your cd's and live for 7 more seconds".

so the first 2 hits of ravage hit within 0.296 seconds? that's cute.

So you're complaining about something you don't even have a functioning understanding of? That's cute.

As for other classes doing similar burst... Pyro PT Incindiary-Railshot-rocket punch-rail shot can do 15k with those kinds of buffs. Gunslingers Sab charge-Charged Burst-Aimed Shot-Quickdraw can do well over 15k.

Best part about the pyro and gunslinger versions is there's no simply walking away and taking away a third.

Marauders are the hard counter to sages and commandos, both of which are overplayed and recently got overnerfed. Get over having a counter and start focusing on the overnerfed part.

Edited by Apocalypse-

I'm not putting forward an opinion for or against the marauder in terms of power. I'm just saying the OP got the perfect storm of bad timing. Blown CC, force speed burned for transit purposes, and the marauder/sent or whatev opened from stealth granting a first strike advantage. You give those benefits to pretty much any other DPS class and it should be a guaranteed kill on pretty much any sorceror, especially since the sentinel was in the position of having their adrenals and relics off CD (hence the increased burst)

Show me one other class that with relics and adrenals can deal 11k damage with one ability.

this right here is what is wrong. "life-prolongers". lets say i did have my abilities up..

Stun him after first hit.. still took 5.4k dmg.

Force speed, oh yeah sentinal has a nice little counter for that.. Force choke.

Force leap resume ****** me.

your parser very clearly shows 2 hits initially for 2.7k each. opening tick and a follow up.

Force choke is channeled I believe and also incaps the sentinel during its channel time. Really only useful if they have help on the way, and in a 2v1 you're just as screwed if not more so.

Stunning him after first hit leaves you taking 2.7k damage, that's reflex stunning. If you stun after SECOND hit, as shown in your parser, then you take 5.4k.

Was your determination off CD? easy break of the force choke that lets you continue your escape.

End of the day what-ifs dont matter, fact is you were caught flatfooted and unprepared in the open by a burst class opening from stealth, with none of your major cooldowns that interrupt their burst up. That means you're dead, plain and simple. People with cooldowns available beating people without cooldowns available is balanced.

your parser very clearly shows 2 hits initially for 2.7k each. opening tick and a follow up.

Force choke is channeled I believe and also incaps the sentinel during its channel time. Really only useful if they have help on the way, and in a 2v1 you're just as screwed if not more so.

Stunning him after first hit leaves you taking 2.7k damage, that's reflex stunning. If you stun after SECOND hit, as shown in your parser, then you take 5.4k.

Was your determination off CD? easy break of the force choke that lets you continue your escape.

End of the day what-ifs dont matter, fact is you were caught flatfooted and unprepared in the open by a burst class opening from stealth, with none of your major cooldowns that interrupt their burst up. That means you're dead, plain and simple. People with cooldowns available beating people without cooldowns available is balanced.

look at the timing.... the second hit comes .296 seconds after the first.. figure 60-100 ms server lag. that gives you about .200 ms to react the human reaction time is slower than that. +he is coming out of invis so figure .25 seconds for the animation for him to even show up.

don't know about you but i kinda doubt i am gonna catch a skill that is .3 seconds apart.

[21:44:30.250]

[21:44:30.251]

[21:44:30.546]

[21:44:30.546]

http://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime/stats.php

Edited by TheEvilEeyore

this is SOOOO much easier said than done.

*Play a knight. Realize how many people are perfectly capable of doing so. Conclude that the problem isn't with the skill.

You're currently at the *. Try getting a few sentences in.

Also, I'll include the edit of my last post:

Marauders are the hard counter to sages and commandos, both of which are overplayed and recently got overnerfed. Get over having a counter and start focusing on the overnerfed part.

Edited by Apocalypse-

look at the timing.... the second hit comes .296 seconds after the first.. figure 60-100 ms server lag. that gives you about .200 ms to react the human reaction time is slower than that. +he is coming out of invis so figure .25 seconds for the animation for him to even show up.

http://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime/stats.php

force camouflage has a 4 second duration (thank you torhead). did you get tunnel vision and not notice the cloaking sentinel on your periphery? any time I see an enemy player disappear and its not due to line of sight that sets off my red flag.

It's funny how you think the cd's would have made THAT big a difference in the end.

So you're complaining about something you don't even have a functioning understanding of? That's cute.

As for other classes doing similar burst... Pyro PT Incindiary-Railshot-rocket punch-rail shot can do 15k with those kinds of buffs. Gunslingers Sab charge-Charged Burst-Aimed Shot-Quickdraw can do well over 15k.

Best part about the pyro and gunslinger versions is there's no simply walking away and taking away a third.

No, you can just line of sight that. :)

force camouflage has a 4 second duration (thank you torhead). did you get tunnel vision and not notice the cloaking sentinel on your periphery? any time I see an enemy player disappear and its not due to line of sight that sets off my red flag.

Read the whole thread. i had just force speed away from west going to south when he opened on me. i had no idea where he came from. he was probably in the ravine behidn the rocks when i left.

Edited by TheEvilEeyore

Read the whole thread. i had just force speed away from west going to south when he opened on me. i had no idea where he came from. he was probably in the ravine behidn the rocks when i left.

uh-huh, and why exactly were you burning an escape mechanism solely to cover ground a bit faster? was there a cap ongoing? if so expect enemies to divert to cut off reinforcements.

What your entire thread lacks is context. The C-Log is only from your end, doesn't show ongoing buffs on the sentinel, we don't see WHY you burned your force speed. since you had just burned your CC helping west its fair to assume you had just finished fighting at west, which makes it even more confusing you'd waste a cooldown on travel time when you had just sent some of the enemy to the respawn room.