The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Sins Stealth vrs Ops?

maliwenx

Im hoping this has been brought up previously i havent scrolled all the way back to check if so please ignore this.

Why is it Assassins stealth buffs reside in 2 different skill trees vrs an Op which gets both in the same line.

Only reason i ask this is i was always wondering why ops could always see me before i could them,

so i rolled one and low and behold to my amazement i can get 3 points in infiltrations and 2 in scouting in the concealment tree at 2nd tier btw whereas a Assassin has to go 2nd tier deception for obsfucation and 3rd tier in the

darkness tree for premonition.

Just wondering why the blantantly obvious skill bias to Sins vrs Ops

Im hoping this has been brought up previously i havent scrolled all the way back to check if so please ignore this.

Why is it Assassins stealth buffs reside in 2 different skill trees vrs an Op which gets both in the same line.

Only reason i ask this is i was always wondering why ops could always see me before i could them,

so i rolled one and low and behold to my amazement i can get 3 points in infiltrations and 2 in scouting in the concealment tree at 2nd tier btw whereas a Assassin has to go 2nd tier deception for obsfucation and 3rd tier in the

darkness tree for premonition.

Just wondering why the blantantly obvious skill bias to Sins vrs Ops

Well, a 2 minute base refresh on in combat stealth for assassins instead of the 3 minutes for operatives might nudge the scales toward balance, I think. This means that an assassin, without spending any talents, can vanish and reset combat (and threat, if it doesn't bug) as often as an operative who takes the full talent line. Of course, an assassin who decides to focus on their stealth combat line gets to vanish every minute, gain lots of force (energy) for doing so, AND gets a Blackout for a force boost every 45 seconds as well.

Which I think makes a little sense, as assassin's stealth feels to me to be more a means of gaining combat advantage rather than the survival mechanism the operative needs.

Yes, I just implied that assassins get a better Tactical Advantage than operatives did, I guess. :p

Well, a 2 minute base refresh on in combat stealth for assassins instead of the 3 minutes for operatives might nudge the scales toward balance, I think. This means that an assassin, without spending any talents, can vanish and reset combat (and threat, if it doesn't bug) as often as an operative who takes the full talent line. Of course, an assassin who decides to focus on their stealth combat line gets to vanish every minute, gain lots of force (energy) for doing so, AND gets a Blackout for a force boost every 45 seconds as well.

Im afraid ur a little mistaken both classes have a base 3mins in combat stealth reduced to 2 mins with talents. yes assassins have blackout to help with force regen, ops however don't need to stealth as they have 3 energy regen options with in the trees one of which grants 2% health every 3sec for 45sec on top of the 3 energy. At no point is the assassin close to an operative in any form though i hope BW realise this and buff the assassin to be balanced with other classes